DishDVR Advantage

Although I was able to view account last night after midnight (pst) no changes were reflected. This morning can't access my acount info at all (again). I don't see that Showtime or Cinemax have dropped off my screen. Hesitant to call back. The rate I was quoted for DVR advantage at250+HD+Starz (w/HBO add on) was incredibly low. I have a slim hope the CSR found some way to get me what he quoted.

Has anyone actually seen programing changes that would be in line with the changes they made?

Last edited:
According to the Web the "DVR Advantage" program has "no hidden fees" I have an email in to CEO , so I expect to find out. My guess is you are still going to have the $6 lease fee also.

So it will be

42.99 for 200
5.98 for dvr
6.00 for lease
+ any add ons HD pack etc. As I said in my email to CEO "whats next a rental fee for the batteries in the remote?"

Not sure they appreciated that.:D

Later
JimC

I thought that the locals and the dvr fee was included with the dvr advantage pack? IF not I don't see much advantage to lock your self into a 18 month commitment.

I used the dish interactive feature to get a look at changes since the last bill. What I think it shows is the changes they would have made to everyone's bill to move to the new package names and reflect those charges. It doesn't show my requested change to DVR Advantage yet. Maybe they have to do it step by step. The online account info is still unavailable. Called to find out what was happening and found myself offshore, hung up cause those calls never lead to positive results.

I wish to upgrade to a VIP622. I’m now using a 508 and a VIP211, I have the AT180/250 with locals and HD. Last year (Feb'06), I did the Dishin’ it Up to get the VIP211, due to some problems I was given $5.00 off ea month for a year. My monthly Dish bill is $75.99. I would like to know can I get a VIP622 using the DishDRV Advantage? Do I have the pricing right $49.95 / AT200 + $20 / HD + $10 / Up to AT250 for Total of $79.95 and if I wish to add Starz it would be $89.95. Is their a lease fee that I left out? Is there still the $149 up front fee for the VIP622? Or is this the wrong choice and just go with the VIP622 Dish it up? Or do I have to do the Dishin’ it Up first?

Jim

If you get the DVR Advantage plan does it include DVR fees for all DVR's on your account or just 1 DVR on your account. I ask because I am thinking of getting a second DVR. I am currently on AEP+Locals+DISH HD. I am also thinking of changing to DVR advantage depending on all the fees.

AT 250 =Starz+HBO+Hd=Locals+Supers switched to DVR Advantage. The savings were about $3.00 a month but I siipose i might as well save it.

I didn't have to do the Credit card autopay for the DVR Advantage.All I had to do was the 18 month commitment and I'm an existing subscriber for over 10 years.

I was told that it requires CC Autopay---which I already have. Sounds like CSR roulette.

Sounds like that to me to as far as CSR Roulette.I even asked her if I did and she said no since I have a excellent credit history and a great payment history.

Has anyone who went to DVR Advantage that included programing changes actually seen changes when you are viewing TV? I'm asking because I should have seen Showtime and Cinemax drop but appear to still have them. Not being able to access my account I can't confirm anything.

it doesnt

meaning?.. with my current HD silver I have locals bundled with the supers for an $8.99 separate line item charge. If I order this DVR advantage will they drop the supers and not let me add them as an alacarte package or individually?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)