Dishes in the snow pics!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Ultimate Dish in the Snow Pics

Check this out. AT&T Earth Station at Indian Mountain Long Range Radar Site (USAF) in N. Central Alaska after a good blow. It sits on a mountain top at 4000'. One pic shows the dish in better conditions.

Attachments

• Indian mt. 002.jpg
    Indian mt. 002.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 240
  • Indian mt. 005.jpg
    Indian mt. 005.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Indian mt. 007.jpg
    Indian mt. 007.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 237
  • S8001431.JPG
    S8001431.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 218
well thank god the dishes are offset...the snow in front of the LNB is about 6 inches higher at true south :)

snowraked around the dishes today

Me too, snow in AL today

What most folks would call a dusting, I guess. At my latitude, only got about 2" of wet snow, some places in central AL got 3-4" or more. Seems to be over at my house, fine with me. Temperature stayed around 35 all day or we would have had much more, was melting almost as fast as falling sometimes. Haven't had to sweep out the big dishes in many moons, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    630.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
some recent photos during and after a snowstorm :)

Attachments

• PICT0036.JPG
    PICT0036.JPG
    982.1 KB · Views: 230
  • PICT0037.JPG
    PICT0037.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 208
  • PICT0074.JPG
    PICT0074.JPG
    711.6 KB · Views: 189
  • PICT0075.JPG
    PICT0075.JPG
    809.9 KB · Views: 180
Normally I couldn't contribute living this far south but look it! :eek:

Attachments

• 100_4075.JPG
    100_4075.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 208
Damn Frank.....that is just crazy

I've got relatives in Charleston (SC) and they were predicting 2-4 inches of snow there :eek:

Damn Frank.....that is just crazy

I've got relatives in Charleston (SC) and they were predicting 2-4 inches of snow there :eek:

Being an old Army Brat I have lived in some cold places with bunches of snow. This is just fun. It will be gone by Monday.....;)

I'm with John:

I don't think Im ever gonna be able to post a pic in this thread lol
nice pics btw
Yea, amazingly gorgeous pix.
I'd thought about putting some shaved ice from a snow cone on an LNB and taking a picture, but all the green lawn, palm trees, and blue skies would be a dead give away. - :D

I've still got a bit of snow cone syrup in the fridge too lol....I'd say total in the last week on the ground here about 10". Sunday into Monday maybe a few more on the way...It's been a wild winter. The hardest thing is shoveling the 50-60 feet around the side of the house to the dishes....the dishes themselves are easy. Dish heaters anyone? Someone could sell a bunch right about now...Blind

I have been thinking about putting a bigger reflector on this dish. Heck no need. Mother nature gave me one! Oh and talking about snow cones.:D It's a picture of the birdbath.;)

Attachments

• 100_4084.JPG
    100_4084.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 100_4079.JPG
    100_4079.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 207
Frank Jr what kind of dish is that? Nice, sturdy looking mount too. Your snow must've all been coming from one direction to pile on that way.

It's a 1000.4 Shortly after taking the last picture I started losing signal and had to take a hand broom to it. I was impressed with it's ability to hold signal though.

Yea, amazingly gorgeous pix.
I'd thought about putting some shaved ice from a snow cone on an LNB and taking a picture, but all the green lawn, palm trees, and blue skies would be a dead give away. - :D

You could always drive up to Big Bear with a dish and pretend. :D

Remembered seeing this thread, so I snapped a couple pics the other day after we got hit. I also threw in a picture of the Penndot plow truck that got stuck at the end of our driveway before Xmas and almost went into our ravine. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    446.5 KB · Views: 204
you cant really tell from the pic but there is about 30 inches of snow in my backyard. its been a mild snow year here. i try and park my dishes in the snow dump position to keep the snow off of them. if only the path ive made from marching out to the dishes to work on them was visible. haha. in the spring ill post a pic when the path is the only snow left.

crackt out,.

Attachments

• dishes.JPG
    dishes.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 200
After 6-8 inches

First and probably only snow this year around these parts...

Attachments

• DSCF7496.JPG
    DSCF7496.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF7591.JPG
    DSCF7591.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF7590.JPG
    DSCF7590.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 181
We had about 6" of snow overnight. It was blowing enough that one part of the driveway had none and another part about a foot. Just enough to get out the snowblower to clean out the driveway. The worst part was at the road where the snowplough piles it up as well as the little plow that cleans the sidewalk. We have been lucky as to the west (london Ontario) has had terrible storms this year, and to the south across Lake Ontario in the Buffalo area has also had bad storms. A little more snow to the north of me also.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)