Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
I liked the old RT better. Before they started doing all these "Talk Shows". That is what used to set them apart from CNN and the others.

NOticed that too ikki, I wasn't aware they'd changed the name of it though. But, yeah, the last few times I went over to look at it, there was some America-bashing types on there arguing, and I just stopped going to check on that channel.

Yeah they have Alex Jones on there talking about government conspiracies.

Isn't the RT International feed available on C band? I watched the web feed during that airport bombing and it was like a normal international news channel.

Last edited:
What is the actual purpose of this channel? Time Warner Cable added it in my area 3 or 4 months ago, don't really watch it much but it seems to have nothing to do with Russia.

it use to be good....gave a different perspective of news events from around the world. Sadly it has gone down hill :(

I think the original plan was an International News Channel with a eastern European view. Now, it appears it's just another media outlet with an agenda. We have too many of these.
RT International feed available on C band?
Russia Today SP(anish language), 121W (G23-Cband) 3900 V 27684

I liked the old RT better. Before they started doing all these "Talk Shows". That is what used to set them apart from CNN and the others.

I think Russia Today in spanish at 121ºW C still retains part of what made RT so good in the first place. I THINK, but i am not too sure, as of lately i have not been able to tune it in as much.

I don't watch it anymore either, it's like MSNBC on steriods :). When they covered just Russia and surrounding areas (along with international news), it was interesting to see the Russian Gov't view.

My Internet account with Comcast includes 30 basic cable channels. It's locals, shopping, and PBS. The recently added RT. I was surprised to see it on cable.

I enjoyed RT when they had documentaries. Especially when they would go around Russia and talk about small town tradition, crafts and food. Sadly, thats long gone now.

What I don't like lately - they say "we, Americans" all the time... and then show Moscow address for contact. :D The whole thing suddenly becomes fake...

On a flip side... Some stats they give, like an average exec in Germany getting 10 fold of a worker, and in the US about 100-to-1000 fold making you think, if some tax reforms would benefit & depolarize the society. I recall one health insurance exec testimony in Congress about costs, and it transpired her yearly pay was really huge. She said, it was typical for the industry, so no cut expected, and instead they're planning rate increase. :) Who can afford such health protection benefit - not of her business. Again, when one hears, Exxon Mobile or some banks didn't pay a penny in taxes, you think wait a minute, isn't it the most profitable business in NA apart from selling drugs? Someone should talk about such gross staff, which usually comes from roots some law makers pushed to fix for years: limit on campaign contributions.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)