DishHD and OTA setup help needed

digiblur - You mind elaborating a little on moving my service address? I actually asked the Dish installer about that and he said I would have to live close by an area that would allow me to get locals. Like within a few miles away. I'm about 100 miles from Atlanta. What exactly would I say to the customer service person to make that work?

Sorry, for the bad angle on the previous pic.

The pieces that looked like they were broken are actually supports for the antenna that connect to a mast. The antenna appears to made of all aluminum. I bent the VHF elements that appeared to be out of line back into place after i took te pic. Everything is straight now.

Here is a better angle:

4034491875_be7fb2ea9b_b.jpg

That antenna looks fine now. I would mount it and give it a try. As for moving, the Atlanta HD locals are on 129 TP4 (spotbeam 43). Check your SS on TP 4. If you can get an acceptable level, you can change your service address to area near Atlanta. Search the main Dish Network forum for "moving" if you need additional info.

You don't say if you have 61.5 or 129 for HD content on your receiver. Check TheList link in my signature and you'll find out exactly where locals are at and spotbeam maps. And it's just a simple as stated. People will find an address in a real estate website, verify on DishNetwork.com that it will receive the locals, then they fire up the online chat, tell the CSR they temporarily moved for a job and have their receiver hooked up and watching TV already, and just need their service address updated and locals changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)