Dishnet Retailer (also VOOM subber) hints at Satellite Convention News

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Some memos received via a local Dishnet Retailer (but also a VOOM user who LOVES VOOM) has hinted at some big news from his boss who is at a Satellite Convention (what is it truly called?) and something more regarding VOOM programming and not necessarily being picked up by Dish or Direct, but both and also by a new Venture????

Any comments or where is the website for this Satellite convention?

BUT, if there were ANY chance of a new venture, WHY would VOOM send us the message to find a new provider--unless that message came from James Dolan taking over the website, mailings, etc, VOOm guide message?

WHY would VOOM send us the message to find a new provider--unless that message came from James Dolan taking over the website, mailings, etc, VOOm guide message?

Because the DBS service is still shutting down.

It's their content that they are seeking to have carried elsewhere

WOW!!! I did not know this....now my mind is going 100 mph!! BUT I will not jump the gun and make any speculations....just sit impatiently and wait....waited this long....might as well try to keep still.

I just received a phone call from E* stating that they had bought Vooms programing and would start broadcasting , and I had 5 days, Now this is what my wife said the computer voice was saying. It said to push 1 if i wanted to hear more on this news, I did and sat on hold for 20 min. just got tired and hung up, But I think there just trying to beat D* to the punch, I bet Chuck sold it to anyone who wanted to broadcast it.

Plywodstatebum said:
I just received a phone call from E* stating that they had bought Vooms programing and would start broadcasting , and I had 5 days, Now this is what my wife said the computer voice was saying. It said to push 1 if i wanted to hear more on this news, I did and sat on hold for 20 min. just got tired and hung up, But I think there just trying to beat D* to the punch, I bet Chuck sold it to anyone who wanted to broadcast it.

Timing wouldn't really matter. D* won't have the capacity to add new HD until their just launched satellite comes on-line sometime this fall, even then its slated to carry HD-LIL, not national HD.

Nightryder

Sounds like that Voom Conversion dude he indicated E had purchased Voom Satellite plus operations, part of his message is wrong and the other half still needs approval from FCC.

If you have access to the PUB forum, check it. As Scott posted in another thread and he has been doing since Monday, expect BIG NEWS tomorrow (Possibly).

fsds said:
Sounds like that Voom Conversion dude he indicated E had purchased Voom Satellite plus operations, part of his message is wrong and the other half still needs approval from FCC.
I even got mail today from this guys saying VOOM Conversion on the envelope... Is he allowed to do that.. :eek:

voom 21 on Dish?

My brother and I each have voom at our houses. He received the voom/dish network letter in the mail two days before me. Today he got a call from a Dish network subcontactor. My brother, who is VERY knowledgable about home theaters, went fishing for info from this guy and was impressed with his knowledge of the whole voom, E* affair. This is what he was told (keeping in mind that this guy did want to sell a dish subscription..): That E* was working with NASA to move the satellite by the fall, at which time it was going to offer the voom channels. There is also something about the new shape to the E* dish, and something else technical that I am clueless about but it impressed my brother, (who is hard to impress). The rep also claimed that E* will have a LOT of HD in the fall.

If all this is true, then perhaps it all fits together. I am waiting to see if I get the same call within the next two days.

Although it's the FCC and not NASA, all that info matches the rumors we've been getting.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You guys should check out the SatelliteGuys Main Homepage. ;)

http://www.satelliteguys.us

"Tommorrow We are epecting some MAJOR announcements from Dish Network
Including the addition of 10 VOOM HD Channels to the Dish Network Lineup!"

I was almost hoping not to hear that. I am so close to signing up for Comcast, at least until the dust settles. at this point, I am just looking for some closure. I already had E*, and it has become hard to get a good view of it with all of my trees. I guess I am happy that some of the V* channels may live on, but I will sit tight until I see what they are.

I could always get the chainsaw out and do some sphincter puckering climbing to remove some of the branches in my way, but I am looking forward to being done with all of the uncertainty, and missing my local sports....

-k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)