Dishnetwork AND Directv in the same house?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

westpark

Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
Is it possible to have both Directv and Dishnetwork set up in the same house?
Room A+B=Directv
Room C+D=Dishnetwork
Hubby prefers the sports pkg with Directv, but I prefer the Int'l pkg with Dishnetwork. Will there be a confusion with the setups, hookups, if I two satellite dish on the roof?

Room A+B=Directv
Room C+D=Dishnetwork
Hubby prefers the sports pkg with Directv, but I prefer the Int'l pkg with Dishnetwork. Will there be a confusion with the setups, hookups, if I two satellite dish on the roof?

Yes it can be done I did it once but I prefer Directv now for me anyways.

Parents have Dish and I have DTV and prefer mine over theirs.
Although I did have Bell and Direct at the same time earlier this year, and hated bell afterwards when they were messing around with TPs and lost more then 1/2 my HD channels.

So, i prefer my Directv over Dish and Bell :up

Thanks for your response everyone.
btw, I already have Directv in my house. My brother, who lives about about 3 miles away, has Dishnetwork. He suggested that I "tailgate" which his Dishnetwork just to see their programming and quality of pictures and switch over if I like it. Is that possible, can I hookup a Dishnetwork receiver to my house and view the channels?

i have both hooked up to the same tv

directv picture is not that good.
Not that many Channels, but there slowly adding channels
channels goes from 2 to 2190

dish network show a good sharp clear pic and you can pay your bill on the
DP 311 receiver, add channels, check account info.
U Can't do that with any directv receiver
Channels goes from 2 to 9999

Last edited:
Well for someone that has both services, which service do you think is superior? Considering picture quality and receiver functions.

PQ on my 50" RPTV is the same.I have the D-11 to me it's a better receiver than the DP301 I have.The D-11 has more features and is more stable.I like DirecTV's programming options better.If you want HD that should improve in 2007 they are launching 2 satellites dedicated for HD.When activated DirecTV will have the bandwith for 150 HD national channels and 1500 HD local channels.:D

btw, I already have Directv in my house. My brother, who lives about about 3 miles away, has Dishnetwork. He suggested that I "tailgate" which his Dishnetwork just to see their programming and quality of pictures and switch over if I like it. Is that possible, can I hookup a Dishnetwork receiver to my house and view the channels?

You can use a Dishnetwork receiver ONLY with a Dishnetwork dish.:eek:

What reasons did you like it better? I'm just curious because I'm currently with Dish, but I've been thinking about switching to Direct. Do you have HD with your Direct? How's the qualitity?

HD wih Directv via HR20, and love it on my 50" Vizio Plasma :D
Friend has 811/622 and my HD looks way better then his. I dont like Dish HD and prefer my current DTV HD setup.

HD via Bell was better then Dish IMHO, but horrible for SD channels using a 6100.

My parents house I got Dish (E*) and Directv (D*) hooked up in the house, both are on a 61" Pioneer and 50" Pioneer. When it comes to the HD channels, E* is better than D*. The picture isn't as soft with E* compared to D* on the HD channels. As far as SD, it's a push IMO. Of course our cable provider, Cablevision, has the best HD picture out of the bunch on those sets as well, just lacking on the HD channel lineup.

Room A+B=Directv
Room C+D=Dishnetwork

Absolutely, it can be done!!! Call your local Dealers, to find out when they can hook you up!!!

I had heard quite awhile back you could use a Direct dish and a Dish receiver but, you obviously have to point the dish at dish networks satellite. I never tried it so I can't confirm. That was before they came out with complicated dishes like the AT9 .

At any rate I don't know if you want to go turn your dish anyway unless you're comfortable with adjusting that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)