Dishnetwork receiver 322 - cannot get picture on second TV

moneyfool

Original poster
Sep 30, 2009
west chester
Am newbie so not sure on this one. I use Dishnetwork 322 receiver for dual rooms. Till now I had only 1 TV so used it with the receiver no issues. Now I am trying to connect the second TV from the receiver. So I have coaxial from receiver (2nd TV channel xx-xx) out to the second TV directly.

My issue is when I get picture on second TV the first TV goes into satellite search mode. When I disconnect second TV the first TV gets the picture back. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? This is straight connection from receiver to second TV

Thanks

moneyfool said:
Thanks

I have only 1 input from the satellite to the receiver. Just 1 black wire coming from satellite to the receiver.

Ahhhh, you need a seperator, and hopefully you have a DPP twin on your dish and not just a DP twin.

Anyways. Looks like it was set up for only 1 tv to begin with.

Thanks

I have only 1 input from the satellite to the receiver. Just 1 black wire coming from satellite to the receiver.

Sounds like it's time to upgrade. People are being migrated to what is called the EARC (Eastern ARC) 61.5 72 and 77. This requires VIP equipment since the sat's are mpeg4 and only a single 1000.4 dish..

Time to call Dish or wait for someone from the DIRT to show up and talk to them.

**POOF** (Insert DISH genie logo here.)

Moneyfool, I can help you. Just PM me a phone number or account number and I will look into it and see if we can get something scheduled. You mentioned being a newbie, so I am not sure if that just means the forum (WELCOME, BTW) or to the technology as well (WELCOME on that one too, if so). Either way, just hit me up (or any of my counterparts for that matter) and we (or I) can get you handled!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)