DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/26/2008 1:24pm - 210 changes

If you think about it though $60 is not that bad....
I agree. If you read the transcript I previously posted, I already tried to order the wing dish for $60. So for me it's not the $60 -- it's the principle.

Dish appears to have changed their often posted 'policy' that they will 'provide the equipment required to get the channels you sub to for FREE'. Now 'FREE' apparently means "with a 24 month commitment or $60" your choice :eek:

Talon Dancer

I agree. If you read the transcript I previously posted, I already tried to order the wing dish for $60. So for me it's not the $60 -- it's the principle.

Dish appears to have changed their often posted 'policy' that they will 'provide the equipment required to get the channels you sub to for FREE'. Now 'FREE' apparently means "with a 24 month commitment or $60" your choice :eek:

Talon Dancer
Not trying to split hairs here, but technically you don't sub to HD locals. You sub to SD locals, and HD locals are free, as long as you have the right equipment. Did you pay for a wing dish to get the SD locals? If you did, that's just wrong.

What about the test channels currently running mpeg4 HD?

My understanding is that there is room on 129. On sat. 61.5 there is no room....right now at this moment. If they continue to mirror channels on both sats. Looks like 61.5 is the hold up until Monday.

Not trying to split hairs here, but technically you don't sub to HD locals. You sub to SD locals, and HD locals are free, as long as you have the right equipment. Did you pay for a wing dish to get the SD locals? If you did, that's just wrong.
While we're splitting hairs...

IIRC the HD Locals are not "free". The HD locals are included as part of the Dish HD (only) package that I sub to. But they are only available if I also sub to SD locals. But the wording on the Dish site is not clear, so I could be wrong.

Talon Dancer

Just got off the phone with a rep, and because I had the DVR advantage, the contact extension I agreed to to get DVR advantage, were re-extended and lengthened because I didn't want to pay the $60.

Though an installer will be out tomorrow, I'll have to miss out on Lost in HD again, but that is what the internet is for.

I guess what I am asking is, when they light up the Dallas HD locals on 61.5 via Spotbeams, will I still be able to get the Dallas HD locals as I am currently? Or will they only be on the 61.5 Spotbeam?

No one outside of EchoStar knows that for sure.

My guess is that whenever they move a subscriber's channels to a new slot, they do whatever additions and/or repoints necessary, i.r. probably without even a commitment, because you are not asking for anything new.

I was supposed to have paid for a wing dish to get national HD from 61.5. I ended up not paying because the installer didn't tell me ahead of time. (Actually, he didn't even know about it himself. Not a lot of HD customers around here, plus maybe he's a right-thinking person who wouldn't have imagined such a stupid thing.) If I had known ahead of time, I would have demanded that they only charge me for the labor and use the old Dish 300 that I own from my prior time as a Dish subscriber that I brought with me from my previous residence. (I was using it for NASA but I never put it up here because I didn't have LOS without getting on the roof. For that matter, if my dishes didn't have to go on the roof I would've done my own install here for everything.)

So what's going to happen when Eastern Arc starts? Are we going to have to pay for hardware and installation, or not? And why the hell can't Dish have one clearly-defined policy for all customers, rather than all these annoying special deals that only they know whether you qualify for, or even know exist?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts