DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/26/2008 1:24pm - 210 changes

I'm guessing that the reason why there is a lot of concern over not having locals in HD, starts with customers that can't receive the service with an antenna? Seems like a lot of complaints are from "flatlanders". Sorry that you guys are having problems . Could it be that your home town station isn't up to par on their transmitter? From what I've seen, the off air signals are higher quality than what is provided by either "D" or "E". Go national! !
There is no question---OTA HD is much higher quality than satellite HD if you can get it. Here in Los Angeles I subscribe to my locals through Dish because the big networks (which is all Dish provides in HD) come in poorly or not at all OTA at my house. Fortunately for me, all the independents (none of which Dish supplies in HD) come in booming OTA.

To go back off topic (like earlier in this thread), there is nothing better than the 9:00 news on KCAL (9). Gorgeous reporters and picture quality to die for.

As i write this i sit on the toilet at work reading the dissapointment of others and smelling my own.....I normally do not reply with my pants down from the bathroom stall.....but today it seemed apprpriate.....because the "soon" respone is beginning to smell like the gift I am leaving behind....Charlie better get with the program or the next time my pants are down it will be so he can kiss my ass goodbye......

Im gotta get outta here.....my eyes are burning from my aroma....

Oh wow, how cute. IQ= 1 :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to make excuses for the lack of HD additions by Dish. I want more too. The lack of scifi and usahd is puzzling. To me it appears they have decided LIL is more profitable than additional national HD. I am hoping in a few weeks when skyangel goes away, they will be adding additional national HD on those two TPs.

In all true facts, The HD Locals are more important than national.. Maybe not to us techies, but to the general populations.. HD LIL's sell satellite systems. It takes HD LiL's to compete with cable. Joe Sixpack is not going to leave his cable system that has HD Locals. This is a fact. People can complain all they want about what Charlie is adding.. But it comes down to cold hard cash.. HD Locals sell satellite systems.. I deal with trying to sell these things all day long.. The first question is usually about HD Locals.. They don't want to have to put up that OTA..

Confirmed that Austin HD Locals are available on channels 5180-5183 with the right mapdowns (I ass/u/me from 61.5).
So I'm still looking up the driveway for the Dish tech with my wing dish for 61.5. But I'm getting to feel like the buzzards on the wire waiting for something to die.

I guess I'll just have to hijack the next Dish truck I see and grab the gear I need :)

Talon Dancer

Confirmed that Austin HD Locals are available on channels 5180-5183 with the right mapdowns (I ass/u/me from 61.5).

Well, I find this very uncool. 61.5 comes in reasonably fine for me, no worse that 129. Does it take longer for the signal to reach the country? But then again it's had almost 4 hours.

Lame

Well, I find this very uncool. 61.5 comes in reasonably fine for me, no worse that 129. Does it take longer for the signal to reach the country? But then again it's had almost 4 hours.

Lame

I'm seeing it here in Round Rock...

Here's proof.

Attachments

• IMAGE_00005.jpg
    IMAGE_00005.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 270

Lame

Do a Switch Check on your receiver.

(There should be a bot to post that automatically in all threads every 24 hours. :cool: )

47, but it goes in and out.

Crap, why is it always me....

Time for a 61.5 repeak, if at all possible....

Just saw your update with 80-100 a couple of weeks ago...

That almost cinches that you are on the borders / fringes of the spotbeam. They just turned on spot beam mode in the last few days.

Last edited:
It's in my sig, but....
Thanks.

Sorry but I always turn off the Sigs and Avatars in my profile because AT&T has a 5GB limit/mo :( So I didn't see this info. Is it a Dish 1000 and a Dish 500 wing dish?

Thanks again - Talon Dancer

Thanks.

Sorry but I always turn off the Sigs and Avatars in my profile because AT&T has a 5GB limit/mo :( So I didn't see this info. Is it a Dish 1000 and a Dish 500 wing dish?

Thanks again - Talon Dancer

ATT DSL? or DialUp? I'm on DSL, and it's all I can eat at 6meg down/768K up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts