DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/26/2008 1:24pm - 210 changes

ATT DSL? or DialUp? I'm on DSL, and it's all I can eat at 6meg down/768K up.
AT&T via cellular with a Sierra Wireless 875u USB "card" plugged into a PowerBook acting as a router. In our valley it takes a 200'+ mast for OTA locals, wireless internet, etc. But we get fantastic (5 bar) AT&T phone cell service (and the slow EDGE data network) and have a tiny LOS window for 0-1 bar of 3G from a more distant cell tower. This provides roughly the lowest level of DSL bandwidth with a little more latency. But it beats the heck out of the pitiful WildBlue satellite internet service we had for a year before the equipment failed.

Talon Dancer

BTW "satellite internet service" is an oxymoron due to latency.

digiblur, Scott, anyone....

What are the chances that I won't need a wing dish for 61.5 to get Austin locals?

IOW have you heard whether these smaller markets are going to be available on 110/119/129? Or should I just put my local Dish installer on speed dial tonight? :)

Talon Dancer

digiblur, Scott, anyone....

What are the chances that I won't need a wing dish for 61.5 to get Austin locals?

IOW have you heard whether these smaller markets are going to be available on 110/119/129? Or should I just put my local Dish installer on speed dial tonight? :)

Talon Dancer

zero to none. I would call Dish, and ask for it for free :)

LER

Time for a 61.5 repeak, if at all possible....

Just saw your update with 80-100 a couple of weeks ago...

That almost cinches that you are on the borders / fringes of the spotbeam. They just turned on spot beam mode in the last few days.

So would a repeak work? Or do I need to have another dish set up? I could call up Dish and ask, but I don't know if they would know.

So would a repeak work? Or do I need to have another dish set up? I could call up Dish and ask, but I don't know if they would know.

I'd find the spotbeam map, and look at where the contours are vs. where you are. (I'm sure it's on the EKB somewhere).

As i write this i sit on the toilet at work reading the dissapointment of others and smelling my own.....I normally do not reply with my pants down from the bathroom stall.....but today it seemed apprpriate.....because the "soon" respone is beginning to smell like the gift I am leaving behind....Charlie better get with the program or the next time my pants are down it will be so he can kiss my ass goodbye......

Im gotta get outta here.....my eyes are burning from my aroma....

lmao that was good

Do yall guys think that the Tampa Locals will be available and not just uplinked before the weekend? Or will it be further down the road.I would like to see how the Martinsville race lloks on a sat fed HD local channel, so I might leave my OTA attached to my 622 to see how much a difference there is between OTA and Sat fed hd locals

Now that I have read through this thread. Do I dare go to the Dish forums and take a look and see how many will be leaving??

I am not going any where. The fun is just beginning.:)

A 622/722 user should always hookup their OTA. You never know when a problem will come up with an uplink or better yet, when you need to record 3 networks.

zero to none. I would call Dish, and ask for it for free :)...
Dish really should have their "advanced technical support" staff read these uplink reports on Wednesdays:)

Here is the end of a live chat AFTER I reached "advanced technical support"....

TD: In summary I would like to have a wing dish for 61.5 so that I can get the newly up-linked and avaialble Austin HD locals. We have no LOS for OTA to Austin.
(05) Jan K: At the present time, Dish Network does not have your locals available in HD.
TD: Actually they do. I have read reports from Round Rock just north of Austin today
(05) Jan K: Actually they are not available at this time.
(05) Jan K: We are adding more since we have launched a new satellite but at the present time they are not yet available.
TD: When do you expect them to be available
(05) Jan K: When they are, you will not need any additional equipment to receive them as they will come from the dish you already have from us.
(05) Jan K: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere. We are unable to disclose what channels will be added or when due to legalities. For information regarding our HD package channel line up check out this link which will be updated as soon as any channels are added.
DISH Network -- Dish HD
TD: OK
(05) Jan K: You're all set, is there anything else I can do for you?
TD: No Thank you.
(05) Jan K: You are very welcome.
(05) Jan K: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat, have a great day.

So does anyone believe Jan K -- "When they are, you will not need any additional equipment to receive them as they will come from the dish you already have from us."?

Talon Dancer

So does anyone believe Jan K -- "When they are, you will not need any additional equipment to receive them as they will come from the dish you already have from us."?

Talon Dancer

Bzzzt. They haven't updated the locals checker yet either.

I can pull a screenshot of TP05 61.5, but that would not prove it. Send her the pic I posted :)

Bzzzt. They haven't updated the locals checker yet either.

I can pull a screenshot of TP05 61.5, but that would not prove it. Send her the pic I posted :)
The folks they hire for techs must be screened to not believe anything their employer hasn't told them is true. I'm guessing it will take a few more days for the Dish "advanced tech support" staff to catch up with an "ordinary" SatelliteGuys.US member's knowledge of what is or is not available via their own service. And hard evidence will only tend to confuse them :)

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)