DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/16/2008 11:59am - 9 changes - CNN HD ADDED

I just thought of something. I am just speculating here, but if Dish dislikes this site, maybe it is because the Owners of SCIFI and USA can view these forums and use all of this bitching as a negotiating ploy against Dish.

Let me explain. The Owners of SCIFI and USA Network could view this message board and go back to Dish and say, "Hey you have some die hard HD viewers wo REALLY WANT SCIFI AND USA.....so we are going to charge you $XX per subscriber since there is such a big interest." So, maybe we should change our attitude about SCIFI HD and USA Network HD and say, we don't really want these channels but if they went live on Dish we MIGHT watch them, and the Charlie would be happy with rate and our bills won't increase.
:)

The reason that CNN HD is on Dish might be that Charlie got it for free in order to attract some new viewers that prefer HD so that CNN can begin to overcome the huge lead in viewers that Fox News presently has. On the other hand, all of the other potential National HD channels probably want dollars from Charlie to carry their channels. I am giving E* a few more months to catch up with D*. If this "MORE HD SOON" continues, then I will likely "SOON CHANGE to D*.

I think the Pope must had spoken to someone special explaining that he wanted to be seen in HD. At least we know that Dish listens to a higher authority.

What we don't know is that Charlie is going to run into a mall an shoot up the local Radio SHack and he wants to all see it in HD on CNN......:D

Scifi HD will be available in time for the end of BSG since it has been speculated that the second half of the season will run in 2009. At least my locals look good since I got my wing on Monday the DP44 for free was pretty cool.

Interesting info...I called Dish 5 min after CNN went on the air in HD and the rep didn't know what I was talking about. . So I called back and got the same reaction.....it proves to me that Dish even keeps there CSR in the dark, some know some don't, well most dont. But even though it's just 1 HD channel this week that is 1 more than I got last week or the week b4...so I am actually happy, and I (nerd like) watched CNN all damn night long because it looks really nice...

Did anyone know that the gas prices went up??????

What else has happened since the last time I watched the news??? I am going to be informed tonight!

LOL

Interesting info...I called Dish 5 min after CNN went on the air in HD and the rep didn't know what I was talking about. . So I called back and got the same reaction.....it proves to me that Dish even keeps there CSR in the dark, some know some don't, well most dont. But even though it's just 1 HD channel this week that is 1 more than I got last week or the week b4...so I am actually happy, and I (nerd like) watched CNN all damn night long because it looks really nice...

Did anyone know that the gas prices went up??????

What else has happened since the last time I watched the news??? I am going to be informed tonight!

LOL

I think this came up last week with regards to a CSR not knowing about HD LiL that had launched. I believe, that while the channels are made available on Wednesdays, they don't officially launch until the next day and that is when Dish CSRs get the memo/can talk about them.

Well it looks like the Time Warner group works much better deals with Dish than the Universal group... TNT one of the earliest HD channels Dish had, TBS the last one months ago and now CNN. At least it is non stretched...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts