DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/16/2008 11:59am - 9 changes - CNN HD ADDED

I really don't watch a lot of the national news networks, but I tuned into CNN-HD this morning and thought the morning show looked really sharp. For some reason it looked better than some of the other HD channels. Is it being down-rezzed like other channels?

CAN we expect any activity today?
The same Dish Press release that listed Green Bay & Baltimore HD locals, said Columbia S.C. was to get HD locals this week. They were up-linked 4-2-08. So I'd guess at a minimum we should see Columbia S.C. HD Locals become "available" today or tomorrow.

AFAIK there still hasn't been a press release about CNN-HD and it is not listed in the online programming HD Channels guide. So you never know....

Talon Dancer

I know I don't. 9436 is a stupid channel number. Right between Starz and HBO movie channels.

S~

I'd cancel if I were you! They could have taken any 4 numbers and assigned it to CNNHD, but one in between two movie channels? If you like your stations constantly changing numbers, D* likes to shuffle them up all the time!

Not everyone uses mapdown...
Not to go off subject but; why?
Having HD-Only view in the guide eliminates having the need to group all HD channels in a favorites view. And I for one would rather hit one, two, or three numbers rather than four. Not to mention my memory skills are better with fewer numbers.
Don't misinterpret this question as I really want to know.

Having HD-Only view in the guide eliminates having the need to group all HD channels in a favorites view. And I for one would rather hit one, two, or three numbers rather than four. Not to mention my memory skills are better with fewer numbers.

That's my thought too. For example, I watch Speed (obvious from my avatar) and know if I hit 150, I'm watching Speed. If and when it comes on in HD, I'd still like to hit 150 to watch it. I just go in and lock out the SD channels with the same numbers and all is right in my world!

I prefer to block out the 9XXX channel and the simulcasted SD channel and use the mapped-down HD primarily.

Nice and clean. :D

the churn numbers must be getting bad for charlie. CNNHD? this addition looks more like an act of desperation than an attempt to better the service. IF charlie is able to add more channels he better start doing it soon. He obviously doesn't care about current subscribers, but he has dragged his feet long enough that Direct can now gear their advertising to target the lack of "popular" national HD at E*. I personally am hoping the new campaign from Direct will be the best thing to happen to E* hd subscribers this year.

the churn numbers must be getting bad for charlie. CNNHD? this addition looks more like an act of desperation than an attempt to better the service. IF charlie is able to add more channels he better start doing it soon. He obviously doesn't care about current subscribers, but he has dragged his feet long enough that Direct can now gear their advertising to target the lack of "popular" national HD at E*. I personally am hoping the new campaign from Direct will be the best thing to happen to E* hd subscribers this year.

:up lets hope

thanks scott for the reply.any word on when there gonna lauch more hd channels?thank you scott for all you and the people that work on this site to help us out and give us the info we need.:):up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts