DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/16/2008 11:59am - 9 changes - CNN HD ADDED

Sure. The show is not over until the fat lady sends out the press release. I am subscribed to Dish email press releases. When I get the CNN HD, that should be the end of "this week".

Agree. Press release it out on the locals but not the national stuff. I'll take 1 national a week for the next 12 weeks if that is easier for Chuck to roll out.

has there been any word on the LiL's that weren't included in the report? Greenville, I think. Did they get lit up? seems odd Dish would send a press release and not light them up.

Scott--- Am I reading this right... this is the first time I've seen Connecticut DMA locals listed.... are they coming up in the near future???

CNN HD was the channel that I wanted the most. Next would be Tennis Channel HD. Wanted SciFi HD, but kinda doesnt matter as the only show I watch is BSG, and I've already missed the first 2 episodes, so I guess I'll have to wait for DVD or for UNI to re-run it.

Syracuse HD but not Buffalo???

Just Baltimore and Green Bay for HD locals? What happened to Columbia, SC?

I can't believe they are uplinking Syracuse, but haven't bothered with both Buffalo and Rochester. Makes alot of sense. Uplink the 4th largest city in the state and forget the 2nd and 3rd, which combined have 10 times the population.:mad:

There has to be another uplink. I have been watching these for months, and they have never had one with just 9 changes, especially now that they are moving so many things around to get ready for Eastern Arc. There has to be another uplink coming later today or tonight. However, it probably won't have any new HD

Scott--- Am I reading this right... this is the first time I've seen Connecticut DMA locals listed.... are they coming up in the near future???
Following the pattern they have been uplinking and lighting up the HD LiLs lately, it could be as soon as 1 to 2 weeks, or maybe "soon".... ;)

For the second week in a row, I will point out that in previous weeks, there was more than one uplink change on Wednesday.

On more than one occasion, large changes were made late on Wednesday night.

I can't believe they are uplinking Syracuse, but haven't bothered with both Buffalo and Rochester. Makes alot of sense. Uplink the 4th largest city in the state and forget the 2nd and 3rd, which combined have 10 times the population.:mad:

The cities uplinked are the ones whose local channels are cooperative in negotiating fairly and in providing feeds to the uplink centers.

Dish would like to uplink the markets in order of size, but many larger local channels are more likely to be uncooperative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts