DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/16/2008 11:59am - 9 changes - CNN HD ADDED

The picture quality on CNN-HD is indistinguishable from that of CNN-SD.

The picture quality on CNN-HD (when showing SD programming upconverted) is worse than FoxNews-SD.

The picture quality on CNN-HD is indistinguishable from that of CNN-SD.

The picture quality on CNN-HD (when showing SD programming upconverted) is worse than FoxNews-SD.
But it shows up in the HD Only package now, and the SD version didn't before. So I'm happy with this being added. :)

If you're gonna give me news in HD, I want ESPN News. That I would actually watch.

Although I can only use my observing at my local health club without an official poll..but CNN is...

Old Man TV. Old men LOVE it and Fox News. So I'm sure there's a bunch of 60 year olds scratching their heads saying to themselves..."what is this HD nonsense?"

LOL Oh yeah..I'm 34 if you needed a reference :).

I'm not a big cable news fan but at least CNN-HD is something I will occasionally watch. I am getting CNN-HD in the HD only pack but so far am not getting the SD version. Hopefully dish will continue the policy of giving both SD and HD versions.

If you're gonna give me news in HD, I want ESPN News. That I would actually watch.

Although I can only use my observing at my local health club without an official poll..but CNN is...

Old Man TV. Old men LOVE it and Fox News. So I'm sure there's a bunch of 60 year olds scratching their heads saying to themselves..."what is this HD nonsense?"

LOL Oh yeah..I'm 34 if you needed a reference :).

I'm only 36!
I dig me some CNN, seriously, but do I need the news in HD? Ummm. No.

I still was hoping for Chiller, though. Oh well.

Yeah, I'd love chiller too. I LOVED the old Friday the 13th the series back in the day.

But honestly, the only time I really watch the cable news channels is during disasters.

So with hopefully no disaster happening for a long time, I won't be going near them.
Of course...Hurricane Season is right around the corner for us down here in New Orleans...<Gulp>

Guys CNN HD has a beautiful picture. Their election coverage in HD has been beautiful since they went HD Months ago.. But I haven't seen it on Dish Yet.. Karin Chetry on the Morning show in HD has been beautiful.. I have had it since DirecTV added it months ago.. There really is a lot of HD on the Channel.. If Memory serves me, Everything being produced in New York was being done in HD. But Atlanta was still doing SD only.. Don't get me wrong, I think was the the absolute waste of the day when it comes to what they could have given us. But don't put it down.. There is more HD Content on this channel than is actually on SciFi at the moment.. I am thankful I have both Dish And DirecTV at my house.. Cause waiting for HD on Dish from Charlie is getting old.

Why do you have both?

If you convince me, I might need to get both too!
Direct doesn't have an HD package only does it?

I have both because I am a dealer.. But there are a lot of folks out here that have both.. It gives you the best of both worlds. I have tons of HD and I have the best HDDVR on the market.. Just wish they were both on the same system.

Who decides what channels are to be released anyway? Is it Charlie or some guy stuffed in a cubby whole somewhere trying to sabatoge E* by choosing the crapiest channels to launch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts