DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/2/2008 3:10pm - 631 changes

charlie-ergen.gif

............I said "Good Day!"

:haha :haha :haha

I see the Beaumont LiL finally has 4 different bit rates on their spotbeamed TP. I'd say they are go for launch next week after a week of testing.

I should put in my signature... SciFi-HD & USA-HD as of 04/03...flat line willy.

Yep. Except you will have to change the date daily.:)

Seriously. Go ahead and do it. It will keep you from having to answer this question way too many times a day.

So, I look at the 4/2 Uplink Activity report and I look at "The List"; both indicate I should be seeing CSNCH (5429) and FOXMW (5418) HD feeds from 61.5?W, but so far I've got nada on my receivers.

Whatever happened to the 18.75 satellite that HD locals were going to be on? No one seems to mention it lately. Did I miss something?

They just put a few cities on it. It is not a high capacity satellite with spot beams. They have been moving internationals to it though.

Digiblur,

"When there's duplicate channel numbers in the system don't always count on the available flags as TSReader doesn't read them separately"

Is there anyway around this. At the moment I use 129 when I want to watch Sportsouth or FSN in HD. The rest of the time I disconnect 129 and connect 61.5 for my HD channels as it is much stronger and does not go away in rain except in very bad weather. My locals are on 118 so 5 satellites and only 4 positions on the switch, thus the constant swapping and running Check Switch. I was excited to see the two channels on 61.5, but it is not doing me any good. It never sees them even though I show a strong signal on the TP they are on.
I don't understand what a TSReader is, but I assume it is part of the software in the receiver.

...I don't understand what a TSReader is, but I assume it is part of the software in the receiver.
TSReader is part of the hardware/software that didgiblur uses to parse the up-link data and build the reports & lists he posts. So the bug is in building the reports/lists not your receiver.

"TSReader is a transport stream analyzer, decoder, recorder and stream manipulator for MPEG-2 systems. It supports DVB, ATSC and Digicipher® II extensions to the base MPEG-2 specification. TSReader gives the user the "big picture" overview of what's being carried inside MPEG-2 transport streams and can be very useful for finding errors or inefficiencies."

Talon Dancer

TSReader is part of the hardware/software that didgiblur uses to parse the up-link data and build the reports & lists he posts. So the bug is in building the reports/lists not your receiver.

"TSReader is a transport stream analyzer, decoder, recorder and stream manipulator for MPEG-2 systems. It supports DVB, ATSC and Digicipher® II extensions to the base MPEG-2 specification. TSReader gives the user the "big picture" overview of what's being carried inside MPEG-2 transport streams and can be very useful for finding errors or inefficiencies. If you're not familiar with MPEG-2 transport streams, we suggest reading our web page about North American MPEG-2 Information as this covers this subject in depth."

Talon Dancer

Thanks, If I understand it correctly, Sportsouth (for example), may not be available even though his list is showing it as available because it is a duplicate channel.

Thanks, If I understand it correctly, Sportsouth (for example), may not be available even though his list is showing it as available because it is a duplicate channel.
That is my understanding too.

FWIW the Austin HD Local channels are not listed as even being up-linked on 61.5 anymore due to the 'duplicate channel number bug' in TSReader. But my new wing dish for 61.5 picks them up just fine :)

Talon Dancer