DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/22/2008 4:09pm - 49 changes

One thing to note is that, in the past, Dish has added channels controlled by NewsCorp, while they had some other disagreement with NewsCorp.

This is partially due to an FCC judgement in favor of EchoStar, years ago, that NewsCorp was required to do so (he said trying to be brief rather than precise).

So, it would not surprise me to see FX, Speed, etc. "soon".

Are there even 20 HD channels that exist that Dish doesn't have yet (excluding voom)?

IIRC, HBO-Cinemax issued a press release about six months ago, announcing the launch of 26 HD simulcasts of its SD lineup. IIRC, the target date was in May.

I'll have to search and dig up the details...

One thing to note is that, in the past, Dish has added channels controlled by NewsCorp, while they had some other disagreement with NewsCorp.

This is partially due to an FCC judgement in favor of EchoStar, years ago, that NewsCorp was required to do so (he said trying to be brief rather than precise).

So, it would not surprise me to see FX, Speed, etc. "soon".

Soon I will get my hopes up.:D

Found it:

Home Box Office to Make All 26 of Its Channels Available in High Definition
June 12, 2007

Home Box Office has committed to making all 26 feeds of its HBO and Cinemax multiplex channels available in high-definition announced Bill Nelson, chairman & CEO, HBO. The rollout will begin later this year, with anticipated completion by the end of second quarter 2008.

20 not on e* challenge:

Viacom - 5 (ish) CMT, MTV, VH1, Nick, Spike, (BET?)
Fox - 5 (yeah righ) Speed, fX, Fox Business, Fox News, fuse (or is it fuel - can never remember)
Tribune - 1 WGN
Rainbow (yeah right) - 2 AMC Ifc
Discovery - 1 (that launches in June or July) Planet Green
Outdoor Channel - 1
Lifetime (another yeah right) - 2 - Lifetime and Lifetime Movie
Mojo - 1
QVC
Wealth TV

phew - there's your 20
Plus more if you add in Premiums, RSNs, and any missing odd ball stations they want to pull out of Canada or Mexico (like WFN:Ocho)

You're forgetting all of the pay movie channels - all HBOs, the rest of the Cinemaxes, and all of the STARZ

You're forgetting all of the pay movie channels - all HBOs, the rest of the Cinemaxes, and all of the STARZ
;) That is what I was referring to with the "Plus more if you add in Premiums, RSNs, and any missing odd ball stations..." Starz, Home Box, Skinnemax, and Showtime would be considered premium channels (aka pay through the ear for access to their commercial free content)

Considering that old news report that the problem with dish financially is that dish was basically "slumming" it and going after the low-rent type of customers, it is possible that Charlie wants to snag back some customers who really want Premium movie channels in HD. A big HD Premiums offering would help to snag up some $100+/month type of customers. Those same customers would definitely want the HD-DVRs like the 722 or even some of these new receivers they debuted at Team Summit.

I know it is a trick from Dish--Since their is no feeds to these TEMP HD Channels and Dish knows about the uplink center---they want you to think that 20 more HD Channels are coming in the next couple of weeks---did it work???
Doubt it, im sure they got better things to do to show satelliteguys.us members uplinked channels and then say ayoo charlie there convinced there new HD channels. and the charlie says OK REMOVE THEM ALL MUAHAHA!

I don't want to start up another thread on HD Superstations, but it would be nice if they were added. Maybe they could give AAD some more space and then they'd offer distant nets in HD, but one could only hope...

DirecTV has 18 national HD channels Dish doesn't. Plus there are 9 HD channels neither satellite carrier provides yet (AMC, IFC, Fuse, LMN, Life, We, Mojo, Wealth, OTD2). Then there are 7 HBO/Cinemax channels which they say are launched, but don't seem to be on any carrier yet.

Charlie's gonna add 20 HD channels?

Which 15 is he gonna cut this time?

Sorry, couldn't resist..... Hopefully, it's some REAL "compelling" HD to stop the onslaught on his CSR's over Voom

I guess we will find out something tomorrow, I hope there is something that will make us all happy.

Don't look for anything until digi says they are streaming video on these, it does look like dish is getting ready for the " summer hd wave. "

Charlie's gonna add 20 HD channels?

Which 15 is he gonna cut this time?

Sorry, couldn't resist..... Hopefully, it's some REAL "compelling" HD to stop the onslaught on his CSR's over Voom

The 15 channels being cut are Voom - these are the same transponders previously used for Voom.

PS According to Dish, there has been less complaints to CSRs about Voom than they had predicted...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts