DISHONLINE ISSUES

Error 31 is usually a networking issue related to speed or ISP. Sorry, I would have like to help you get your news. It was the one thing i used my sling for when in Italy. Watching my night news in the morning. Have a good vacation!

Tonight the Dish Network remote control is back on for Live TV on DO, but still no access to recordings on DO and no access to DRA for live TV or recordings on the DVR.

I would really like to hear from a member of the DIRT team about why this has gone on so long and why it appears Dish is unable to fix it. "We are working on it", just doesn't cut it anymore.
Michael

I would really like to hear from a member of the DIRT team about why this has gone on so long and why it appears Dish is unable to fix it. "We are working on it", just doesn't cut it anymore.
Michael

I would need more information as to what is still an issue. I am using the sling now on my android and I have access to live TV and my DVR recordings. I am logged in DO, I can view Live TV, all my recordings are showing and I can access them. Please send me your account information and if possible your log in information to DO & I can review the issue and get your specific account looked at. Thank you!

Last edited:
OK Mary, you might be one of the few for whom DOL works all the time. My situation is as follows: most of the time when I look at my recordings (within my home network) they are out of date (or not there at all) so I hit "refresh". It grinds away for a while, sometime short (20 seconds) sometimes forever and all in between. Only rarely will it actually refresh and come up with the current recordings. Usually it shows none at all. If I hit refresh again I get the same thing. Sometimes if I restart my browser it will show the recording, but usually not. So to get the recording I go to DRA and usually see an accurate list of recording. Once in a great while I must hit refresh, but in DRA it always works. Then when I go back to DOL and hit refresh I will always get an accurate list of my recordings. I have 2 722K's both connected to the same network via Cat5 cables, same modem, same router, same switch. The 722 with the sling adapter is the one which has the most problem with DOL (it had this problem before I added the sling adapter). The other one has the problem about once a month. So for me if Dish ever shuts down DRA I won't be able to view my recordings. I have reported this numerous times via Chat, they always acknowledge ongoing problems with DOL and say they will report it to engineering, but it never gets fixed. So I wonder, can Dish fix it, do they care?
Michael

Yes, there was an issue until last week and the recording were not showing on the DOL. Sling was unable to pull up any recordings but these issues have been resolved as far as I can tell. When I log into DISH Online and I have any sort of issue I report it immediately with the link provided on the website. I have had numerous issues but I have also had success with getting the issues resolved. I am tracking a few issues for members that are being worked on for specific accounts such as wrong locals showing in guide, a cache issue, just to name a few. We need to have real time feedback to get these issues resolved on DOL, so please when you experience an issue provide the feedback on the website so it can be tracked and resolved. Thank you! http://www.satelliteguys.us/#1

Sling Adapter for me has been less than perfect.. I have two 722's.. Sling adapter works ok on one, but refuses to work when I switch it to the other 722.. As far as how it works when connected to the first 722, I can't complain to bad.. Only issue I have is when I use it, It kills the sound on TV 1.. TV1 Video still there, just no sound.. TV 1 using component.. I have a projector/Home Theater system using the HDMI output on the same receiver.. Haven't checked to see if that looses audio too.. . My biggest complaint with DO just has to be that I have to use DO in the first place.. Connecting to the internet to use my home network seems a bit of a waste.

Yes, there was an issue until last week and the recording were not showing on the DOL. Sling was unable to pull up any recordings but these issues have been resolved as far as I can tell. When I log into DISH Online and I have any sort of issue I report it immediately with the link provided on the website. I have had numerous issues but I have also had success with getting the issues resolved. I am tracking a few issues for members that are being worked on for specific accounts such as wrong locals showing in guide, a cache issue, just to name a few. We need to have real time feedback to get these issues resolved on DOL, so please when you experience an issue provide the feedback on the website so it can be tracked and resolved. Thank you! http://www.satelliteguys.us/#1

Well, I had the same problem with both 722k"s yesterday which is unusual as I stated. So, I certainly would NOT agree that the problem with recorded content not showing up is fixed. If I reported every negative event with DOL I would have to contact chat at least daily. At first they act as though they don't know what I am talking about and that my problem is the first they have heard of. Finally they as I said admit to a problem and say they will report it. They don't make me feel confident that anything will be done. But I will do what you said Mary and report every event. If they have saved my chats and could refer back to them then it would be easier. I could just say "I'm Back with the same problem" and they could do their thing.
Michael

I don't have the sling adapter, but use dishonline occasionally to manage my timers. I was having the problems referred to here but hadn't bothered checking into it, so haven't used it in a while. Today, it connected but showed no recordings or timers, clicking refresh and waiting a while, they came up, but the main function I used the website for, managing conflicts, is gone...
There used to be a conflicts link, which let me resolve them without going line by line through every skipped timer.

In fact, just checked, there's no indication online that a recording is going to be skipped by priority, it's just not shown at all in the list of scheduled recordings.

Well Mary, I had the same problem right now I am waiting in line to report it to chat as you said.

I actually stated to report it using the links on the website itself. It gives them real time and account specific information as to the problem. Chat will take a report and forward it on but the website links go directly to the people tracking and resolving the issues.

I have reported this problem,but I still have not had a recorded movie show up in "My Rentals" the next day, the movies show up when using Sling adapter, but can't be viewed or deleted.
Dan

I don't have the sling adapter, but use dishonline occasionally to manage my timers. I was having the problems referred to here but hadn't bothered checking into it, so haven't used it in a while. Today, it connected but showed no recordings or timers, clicking refresh and waiting a while, they came up, but the main function I used the website for, managing conflicts, is gone...
There used to be a conflicts link, which let me resolve them without going line by line through every skipped timer.

In fact, just checked, there's no indication online that a recording is going to be skipped by priority, it's just not shown at all in the list of scheduled recordings.
ok, so it's the old dish.sling.com that had those features, still there, not seeing the "Major Improvements" promised on the newer site

The Firefox on my Mac upgraded to the new version 8... now DISHONLINE really don't work anymore. Tells me I am using an unsupported browser. (grr)

I dont like this "a new month a new version of Firefox" thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts