DISHONLINE ISSUES

I am tracking Dish Online and Dish Remote access application specific issues.

The boradband error with the 722 receivers dropping the connection is a seperate issue that Mary B. is working on. If you are having an issue with your receiver dropping the broadband connection please go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...sions/268313-broadband-problem-vip-722-a.html and you can PM Mary B. about this specific issue.

I'm with jporum on this - I can't attest to this issue starting with L721 (because I don't when/if I received L721), but I am experiencing the same issues - Blockbuster Movie Pass requiring a connection reset of my 722 (I use the same procedure jporum does to reset the connection) and Dish Online not being able to connect to my DVR. I can connect to my Slingbox Pro HD remotely (via the internet) by using the Sling Player software though.

By the way, I'm using ATT Uverse for my broadband connection and my 722 is connected to my Uverse router via ethernet cable.

Last edited:
Dish Remote Access - Web
Dish Online - Web
Dish Remote Access App - iphone/android

So ... Dish Remote Access is still alive .. though for how long is anyone's guess. Easy access is dish.sling.com, the old URL through dish network's site is:
https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/processSatTimer.do

TG2 you are awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I've never been able to get dishonline to work properly (close to one year), and I used the link you provided and everything just went smooth as can be! I've spent hours with DishOnline tech support to no avail. I kind of love you right now :)

Today, DOL did not remember my login, so asked me to login. Well I had to do it several times before it finally would accept my login. On the good side it did show all my recorded content correctly, BUT showed a timer conflict which does not exist! Do you think Dish will ever get this defective website to work properly?
M

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
you're Welcome welcome welcome! :)

Today, DOL did not remember my login, so asked me to login. Well I had to do it several times before it finally would accept my login. On the good side it did show all my recorded content correctly, BUT showed a timer conflict which does not exist! Do you think Dish will ever get this defective website to work properly?
M
been there ... the "conflicts" from the web site aren't using the same logic and foresight that our receivers have.. which is again my usual ... one side of dish is doing one thing.. the other side has no clue .. once I came to that realization for conflict reports.. I never give the conflict message another thought .. if I'm home I can always make sure things are working at the receiver ...

point of issue though .. I don't recommend the "remember me" check box on Dish Online or on DRA .. having your *browser* remember it is fine .. but setting the login screen check box potentially puts a cookie to remember you by on your side ... while on the server side .. it either has to log that session id, or in some other way make session ids remembered and cached ... and if the cache of information gets messed up somehow (we know it happens, we just don't know when how or why) then you'd be straight into the site.. with garbage ... and at best having to manually log out and in again.. at worst .. well the worst of it is posted just about all over the place ...

but if you're having no other problem with it.. keep your fingers crossed.. :)

I have not checked the "remember" box but often I don't need to log in, however, Opera has the ability to store passwords, albeit, scrambled, and enter them in a website when you want. That never works for DOL, that is, Opera accurately enters the username and password, but DOL always rejects it. I have another program, Keepass, which will store all your passwords and enter them when needed with an appropriate 3 key shortcut you program, It will do Two-Channel Auto-Type Obfuscation, which scrambles the sequence it puts in the characters so keyloggers can't easily follow it. DOL doesn't like that either most of the time, sometimes it does work. These 2 methods of storing and entering passwords works for any other website I go to but DOL. Just something else screwy with this website!

lol.. maybe it needs to be stored in pig latin.. oglay emay inway easeplay

:)

(log me in please)

and yeah. it bothers me too when I go to login and it immediately brings me back to the main page yet I didn't enter my password... usually the first thing I do when that happens is hit log out and then log in again...

Anyone else have a 2Wire router on their home network and are having or have had issues watching recordings remotly on their DVR?

Anyone else have a 2Wire router on their home network and are having or have had issues watching recordings remotly on their DVR?
There have been several ... the only way they could get their systems to work reliably was to put the Dish Receiver into the DMZ PLUS zone/config.

The other option was to force the 2wire into bridged mode, and then use a more recent home router/gateway/wireless.. like a newer linksys or dlink or netgear router ...

How do you put the Dish Reciever into the DMZ PLUS zone/config?

There have been several ... the only way they could get their systems to work reliably was to put the Dish Receiver into the DMZ PLUS zone/config.

The other option was to force the 2wire into bridged mode, and then use a more recent home router/gateway/wireless.. like a newer linksys or dlink or netgear router ...

TG2 - Thanks very much for posting this. I had not seen the thread on the dishsupport website (didn't know it existed) and your suggestion to enable DMZ PLUS on the 2wire for my 722 DVR has done the trick. I did this 3 days ago and so far I have no more disconnects and can always use my Sling Adapter.

I consider this a workaround and not a fix. Dish still needs to get the firmware on the 722 back to where it was before the L7.21 software came out in early October so the DVR does not have to be in the DMZ PLUS zone and can reliably be used without disconnecting.

I am going to try this tonight. Is it odd I am having this problem on a 722k? I thought it was isolated to 722s based on posts. Just started having issue 2 weeks again. Worked fine for 2 years prior.

I am going to try this tonight. Is it odd I am having this problem on a 722k? I thought it was isolated to 722s based on posts. Just started having issue 2 weeks again. Worked fine for 2 years prior.
The biggest group .. well ... at least based on posts started right after L721 showed up for the 722 receivers... was the group that had 722 receivers. Many others also started having the problem but it was worst with the 722's.

922 owners have had the problem, 722k users have had it.. but at the same time they were infrequent.. so from looking at the posts perspective, either more people have the 722 than any other receivers combined, or the firmware did in fact do something.. and part of the firmware was to add BBMP/IP VOD to the mix.. which suggests they directly tweaked the networking components..

Worse still is to know several 722 owners had zero problem. So then it comes to wondering if specific chipsets are not tolerated or what.. (chips for networking on the router/gateway side, or dish receiver side for different builds of the "same" receiver)

Either way.. if you try it and it works, it comes back to a networking issue ... and since so many have reported only after updates things going wrong, it points ominously back to something inthe firmware.

Does anyone know if there's a workaround for AT&T uverse router NVG510 by Motorola? I don't see the same options as. Described in the previous DMZ mode instructions.

Does anyone know if there's a workaround for AT&T uverse router NVG510 by Motorola? I don't see the same options as. Described in the previous DMZ mode instructions.
Found this tread at AT&T and several posts through the entire thread that try to clarify the instructions for setup.

NVG510 Bridge Mode??? - AT&T Community Support

start at the last, and work backwards to the beginning post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)