DISHOnline testing legit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just received this response...

RE: DISHonline Invite Requests

Account # ***-**** Thanks Tommy Tutone

The stars have the first 7 digits of my account...so any ideas now???

That was someone replying to the original e-mail. The digits were a telephone number from a song by Toimmy TuTone from the early '80's. It was a joke.

Here's the email..........don't use reply to all??? they knew they were sending it out non-bcc... doh!!!!

Hello,

Thank you for showing interest to be part of DISHOnline Beta. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find your DISH Network account number with the information you provided. Please reply to this email (do not use reply all) with your DISH Network account number so that we can add you to the Beta database. You can find your account number on your monthly bill or by logging on to Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929 and going to My Account.

Thanks,

The DISHOnline Team

Thanks for the reply digi! I got it! :D

How many of us did they send it to?

If this is a legitimate company communication, surely this is a violation of their privacy rules: revealing a list of names and contact information like email addresses to other customers is surely a privacy violation if not a violation of law. And it wasn't an accident -- there wouldn't be a legitimate reason to say not to "reply-to-all" unless they knew they were revealing that information.

So, either this was a really stupid employee sending out a legitimate communication in an incorrect manner, or a really stupid employee that set up a realistic-sounding fake gmail account to attempt a poorly-executed phishing scam.

Either way, if this was a DishNet employee, they probably shouldn't keep their job.

Dish just sent another email. It was legit.

Then it was definitely handled poorly. Revealing the names and e-mail addresses of other beta testers was ridiculously stupid. A simple BCC would have kept the names and e-mail addresses of other beta testers private.

I just got this email, and never received the first email. The email address is this
DishOnlineSupport <DishOnlineSupport@dishnetwork.com>

Hello,

Due to a recent technical glitch we inadvertently sent an e-mail to multiple users using a Gmail account address. We understand that this might have seemed like a spam e-mail but want to assure you that it was not.

If you are interested in joining our DISHOnline beta (which we hope you are), please provide us with your DISH account number by responding to this e-mail.

We apologize for any inconvenience that the prior e-mail may have caused.

Sincerely,

Rolando Martinelli
DISHOnline.com

I also got the "Apology" email without having gotten the original email. I replied that they should have my account number on file, no need for me to send it to this suspicious email. And then the reply bounced back. If it is truly Dish, who is managing the email over there?

i also just recieved the same e-mail. it definitely looks fishy... this is the e-mail that was sent to me:

Hello,

Due to a recent technical glitch we inadvertently sent an e-mail to multiple users using a Gmail account address. We understand that this might have seemed like a spam e-mail but want to assure you that it was not.

If you are interested in joining our DISHOnline beta (which we hope you are), please provide us with your DISH account number by responding to this e-mail.

We apologize for any inconvenience that the prior e-mail may have caused.

Sincerely,

Rolando Martinelli
DISHOnline.com

I got both of them. Along with Digiblur's email. I got them on both email accounts I used when signing up for the beta. (Yes, I applied twice) And both those email addresses are on my own mailserver on a domain *I* own, so it had to have come from that database. I'm not sending back my Dish account number until I'm sure this isn't a scam.

I also got the "Apology" email without having gotten the original email. I replied that they should have my account number on file, no need for me to send it to this suspicious email. And then the reply bounced back. If it is truly Dish, who is managing the email over there?
I replied back with "This is a test" to the apology email and it bounced back to me too. I don't need to be a beta tester that bad..... :eek:

I got both of these messages. I forwarded this last one to a contact address I know at DISH to verify if legit.

I checked the headers on the apology mail and it came from dishnetworkmail.com. That domain name is registered to:

Registrant: Dish Network LLC 9601 S. Meridian Blvd. Englewood, CO 80112 US
Looks legit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)