Dishpass Suggestion

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
Dishpass needs options like on the search. When I make a dishpass to record the Texas Rangers baseball games I get all kinds of recordings. All the way to power rangers. I'd like to be able to select sports or baseball only. I can set it up for a certain channels but then I have to setup 3 or 4 different timers to cover all the channels they play on and that defeats the purpose of DP in my mind. If there is options to do this then please let me know how to get there.

Couldn't you set up your DishPass for 'Texas Rangers?' That should be very specific to the timer. I have one set for 'Friday Night Lights' and it does not record anything with the single word Friday or Night, but does record Friday Night Lights.

I set up a Dish Pass for "V" the series and got recordings for everyword that had a v in it. What a mess. Their needs to be more sort choices before it just records everything

I set up a Dish Pass for "V" the series and got recordings for everyword that had a v in it. What a mess. Their needs to be more sort choices before it just records everything

DISH pass is designed to record everything that has the keyword in the title, or description (ie if you wanted to have everything with Tom Hanks recorded, movies, talk shows, etc).

If you want it to record just a certain show, it may be better to set up a normal "new episodes" or "all episodes" timer.

For MLB dish pass events, I would put "MLB Texas Rangers" as the dish pass keyword, since they show MLB in the EPG info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts