Dishpointer app

Status
Please reply by conversation.

G1952

Original poster
Oct 24, 2017
Kent WA
I have no idea if this is the right place to post. But here goes. The dishpointer.com website has a link to their iPhone app. I have it installed on my phone, but it does not work in IOS 11. iTunes says the app needs to be updated by dishpointer to work on IOS 11. So I try the dishpointer forum link and it says satellite guys.us hosts that forum, but the next link is broke and I get a 404 message. So, here are my questions:

What happened to the dishpointer forum that used to be hosted by satelliteguys? I just want to know if dish pointer will ever update their iPhone app?

I know there are lots of other apps for the iPhone to find satellites, but I did like the dishpointer app. Their website still works and seems pretty helpful.

:welcome to Satelliteguys G1952!
IIRC that forum was closed due to a lack of traffic. Does the dishpointer website have a "contact us" link?

:welcome to Satelliteguys G1952!
IIRC that forum was closed due to a lack of traffic. Does the dishpointer website have a "contact us" link?
Thanks for the reply Chip. Yes,i tried their contact webpage a couple weeks ago but got no reply. Its like they are giving it up or something.

Thanks for the reply Chip. Yes,i tried their contact webpage a couple weeks ago but got no reply. Its like they are giving it up or something.
Too bad. I have an android and it's the most accurate of the three sat finder apps I have. There are a lot of sat apps out there, I'd try another one.

I've used it on my Android and liked it better than the others, however, when I changed phones, I lost the App ... I originally installed from the website, not thru the Play Store, IF i had gotten it from the Play store, it would have moved with my phones, seeing I didn't, it doesn't and I'm not gonna pay the $20 a second time for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts