Dishpro and F6-SSVX

skeedatl

Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
My house is wired with F6-SSVX (RG6) but I couldn't find any specs on this cable. The closest I've seen is F6-SSVV http://websvr.commscope.com/CommScope/Eng/specsheets2.nsf/0/B6C817E1748D2B8B8525675C006203EA/$FILE/F6SSVV.pdf?openElement which is a 1GHz video drop. In looking at the cut away on the above link, my SSVX is similarly constructed.

Now, I'm not sure if because of it's debut age if it's just rated for 1GHz since that's what CATV was running back in the day or something, or if this RG6 won't actually support something like Dishpro. I need to use the in house RG6 for one of my receivers. The runs from the dish including the in-house runs to 2 of the receivers will be 3GHz RG6. This F6-SSVX works fine for my two neighbors who have legacy systems unfortunately I don't know anyone with actual DP around here.

Question is, will this F6-SSVV work with Dishpro LNBs, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't had any problems with the very short run of in-wall RG6 in current my legacy setup, but I wanted to move my Dish so that it's not visible from the street and to get it into a better position for an OTA antenna. My neighbors are using it for the long runs (one side of the house to the other, both stories) and don't have a problem with the old RG6 and legacy. Since I was moving it I figured I'd grab some DP parts off Ebay to save me some trouble with the relocation, and use about 75 ft of the old RG6...but I guess I'll just stick with my old parts that I know will work. It's only 1 receiver that would have used that RG6 but it's in the family room and if I have problems I would be pretty bummed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)