Dish’s Ergen Scraps Blockbuster Plans After Wireless Delays

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I do apologize to the thread for the long 'rant'...discovering the news just felt like a gut punch and wanted to unload a bit.
:rolleyes: How bout a mosquito bite? Wait until life gives you a real gut punch or two.

Last edited:
I do apologize to the thread for the long 'rant'...discovering the news just felt like a gut punch and wanted to unload a bit.

Anyone care to school me on the Roku 'perk' concept if BB goes away? And any idea if an net Set-top/App ecosystem is truly in the cards for Dish...I'd gladly keep giving my money to Ergen if so, it's just becoming my family's preferred way of getting content thanks to Xbox/PS3. Links are good too...

Danke,
Shane
No apology needed. I bumped it because it deserved to be heard again. KAB is just old and curmudgeony, while I'm starting to get there. ;)

BB is not going away. It may be reduced, perhaps only to Dish customers. It will be keep for future use.

BB is not going away. It may be reduced, perhaps only to Dish customers.

Good grief I hope that doesn't happen. I seriously doubt that the B&M Blockbusters can stay open with only a few Dish customers dropping by and paying nothing. I think their regular rental customers are what's keeping the remaining stores open.

Good grief I hope that doesn't happen. I seriously doubt that the B&M Blockbusters can stay open with only a few Dish customers dropping by and paying nothing. I think their regular rental customers are what's keeping the remaining stores open.

I do wonder what kind of traffic they are getting as far as "regular" customers coming in and renting? each time I go in its for an exchange, I am not sure what the demograhics are for Dish subs, in my area as Comcast has a largee portion, but over the past six months I have seen more Dish installs

When I've gone into my local BB store in Annandale, VA, it has a good number of customers, and somewhere between 2 and 4 service reps visible at a time. I am the sole customer with the blue DVD mailer.

When I've gone into my local BB store in Annandale, VA, it has a good number of customers, and somewhere between 2 and 4 service reps visible at a time. I am the sole customer with the blue DVD mailer.

On Little River? I used to go there. Haven't in quite some time, but good to know they're still there.

I haven't found a use for the disc by mail .. I have a B&M store about a mile down the road and from what I can tell, they still get pretty good traffic in and out. I feel pretty foolish for not dropping in to swap a disc, however, I've had War Horse on my TV stand for three months now and I still haven't found the time to watch it.

I haven't found a use for the disc by mail .. I have a B&M store about a mile down the road and from what I can tell, they still get pretty good traffic in and out. I feel pretty foolish for not dropping in to swap a disc, however, I've had War Horse on my TV stand for three months now and I still haven't found the time to watch it.

You should take the time. I went to see that in the theater, and it's REALLY good!

We have a lot of combined ops here. KFC on one side of the bldg, TB on the other. Shared drivethru.

Teehar said:
I despise that.Either sell chicken or tacos make up your mind!:D

Chicken tacos? ;) Hey, I laughed at fish tacos- then tried one.

I think it's been successful for them. Broader menu so they get families that include folks that don't eat (what passes for) Mexican. but I still find it jarring. As I head for Popeye's.