Dish's New Nationwide Broadband

the link said:
The speeds will be fast enough to provide the following services: access to social media, streaming music and video, shopping online and placing VoIP calls.
Ha. The SPEED with be there, but not the latency. Not via satellite.

On Oct. 1st Dish is launching their new service called dishNET. It's nationwide.
Download/Upload Speed Data Cap Regular Price Bundle Discount Equipment Fee Bundled Activation Fee
5 Mbps/1 Mbps 10GB (5GB+5GB) $49.95/mo. -$10/mo. $10/mo. $0
10 Mbps/1 Mbps 20GB (10GB+10GB) $59.99/mo. -$10/mo. $10/mo. $0
10 Mbps/1 Mbps 30GB (15GB+15GB) $79.99/mo. -$10/mo. $10/mo. $0

Sorry if it doesn't show up right.

If latency wasn't such an issue, this might have been a contender for my ISP. Unfortunately, it is: remote desktop'ing would work on satellite internet.

So, I continue to pay $57/mo for 2.5 Mbps internet. Ugh.

They are saying it is getting to the point where it is no longer a rural area product. It is suppose to work with voip also.

Basically the service is both HughesNet and Excede. The two will be branded together as DishNet. Basically the retailer puts in what ever is the best choice for your area and the prices and packages are the same.

I thought DISH was partnering up with Excede?

My wife's grandparents have HughesNet and they HATE it! It is so slow throughout the day. They are looking at Excede in November once their contract with HughesNet runs out.

I thought there was a bundle DISH deal with Excede? Is this replacing it?

Dish does both Excede and HughesNet. They cover different spotbeams and have different speeds for certain areas.

Since I am getting this info from the retailer chat I thought I'd add some other news from it. HBO is increasing $2 from $16 to $18 a month. This is just for the HBO package, if you have it packaged with other premiums your price remains the same.

Yep. DISH has just 2 more days in order to have the OTA adapter released this summer. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)