Dish's New Nationwide Broadband

No OTA updates. Thanks to whoever fixed my spelling mistake in the Thread title. That was driving me crazy. I hate when I have typos.

Just to clarify, the outdoor antenna will be the same regardless of it being a HughesNet or Viasat modem. The customer will not know which one they have because everything will be labeled dishNET.

Last edited:
Can the customer still chose one over the other and still get the bundle? My wife's grandparents do not want HughesNet again.

The unsuspecting consumer will have no recourse when they hit their caps. Sales people will say anything to get someone to signup. This will bite dish in the butt big time.

:popcorn

As much as I am enjoying hbogo and on demand there is no way I would pay $18 per month for it.

We are by no means heavy on the bandwidth. I have a 3 meg dsl connection capped out at 250 gb per month. I attached a screen shot of our usage to date for the month of September. This is only 2 adults, no gaming & no voip.

September usage.PNG

Since I am getting this info from the retailer chat I thought I'd add some other news from it. HBO is increasing $2 from $16 to $18 a month. This is just for the HBO package, if you have it packaged with other premiums your price remains the same.
Until February, I'm sure. That is the regular price hike month.

Why is this here? It's not about the broadband service.

Geesh watchel can you read????

Since I am getting this info from the retailer chat I thought I'd add some other news from it. HBO is increasing $2 from $16 to $18 a month. This is just for the HBO package, if you have it packaged with other premiums your price remains the same.

Last I checked this is the dish forum isn't it?:mad:

Yes I can and the thread is about BROADBAND. You want to gripe about the price of HBO going up start a new thread in the forum.

Wow if your having a bad day I feel for ya.However I won't open a new thread to complain about HBO going up.The topic of this thread is broadband but,there is also a subtopic.Schermann was also reporting what he saw on the retailer chat so imo having that discussion in this thread should be ok.If a mod wants to move it or split it fine.I really don't know why you are so up in arms,there are numerous threads around here that go way off topic and don't see too many complaints about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)