Disney Plus +

Perhaps the best site of all is AVS Forum. That is my bible for all things Home Entertainment.

I've been a dedicated fan of AVS for several decades. But I wouldn't call it the "bible for all things Home Entertainment", because the information there is all from fanboys of their favored equipment and is 99% opinions. It is a great place to get opinions, that's for sure. But you still should verify everything from the manufacturer. Once in awhile, you will find a large consensus of a bug or problem that is not reported elsewhere and that's why AVS opinion forum can benefit you. It's hard to find consensus there that favors one product over all others.

I found this site very useful. I didn't even know they existed until researching a relatively cheap 4K with HDR. Helped channel me to a relatively inexpensive screen that was an actual HDR... instead of one of the cheaper one that is a fake HDR, backlighting wise.

One place we sometimes ignore when it comes to gathering information on TV's is good old Google. If you're looking at a specific size range just type in 43 inch TV's, then look at several heading referring to what grabs your attention. You'll probably see reviews from rating.com, CNET, Sound and Vision Magazine, Consumer Reports, and several others. Perhaps the best site of all is AVS Forum. That is my bible for all things Home Entertainment.
I just checked out the AVS forum. Pretty neat. A lot of good info. Thanks:hail

Disney would have us believe that they don't have such detailed information on every last one of their properties? Horsefeathers!

This week, LightShed released their predictions and events to watch for in 2020. Disney+ made the list, with a prediction that the streaming service will hit 50 million subscribers.

Disney+ hit the 10 million subscriber mark right out of the gate, thanks to a huge investment in promoting the launch, discounts and bundle deals, and Verizon’s offer for a free year of Disney+ to Unlimited customers. The hype of Disney+ original shows, especially The Mandalorian, have allowed the streaming service to continue building its subscriber base.

LightShed analysts point out that 2020 will see international launches for Disney+, some of which will include deals similar to the Verizon offer in the US. The analysts, with a history of being spot on in their predictions, say that while US subscriber growth will have likely leveled out at the end of 2019, international markets will have global subscriber numbers reaching 50 million by the end of 2020.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Just noticed that the first few Avengers movies are now free for Amazon Prime members and are available in 4K. Some are relatively recent additions. I guess Disney is still licensing its content to other providers rather than keeping it all in house on its own service.

Just noticed that the first few Avengers movies are now free for Amazon Prime members and are available in 4K. Some are relatively recent additions. I guess Disney is still licensing its content to other providers rather than keeping it all in house on its own service.
Disney probably likes to get paid twice and thrice for their programming.
Also Thor in 4k looked really really good.

Disney probably likes to get paid twice and thrice for their programming.
Also Thor in 4k looked really really good.

I seem to recall a delay in the announcement that Disney + would launch on Fire TV devices. I wonder if getting these Marvel movies on Amazon Prime was part of the deal make that happen.

I seem to recall a delay in the announcement that Disney + would launch on Fire TV devices. I wonder if getting these Marvel movies on Amazon Prime was part of the deal make that happen.

No it is because of Amazon deal with Epix, both Thor and Avengers are on there, I just went to Epix site and checked.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Zookster
Disney+ is on both Roku & Fire sticks. I have both with the app.

Disney+ was one of the most widely available popular video apps at launch, but in the weeks leading up to the launch, FireTV devices were conspicuously absent from the list of supporting devices. The official announcement of availability came only a week before the app's US launch.

From a Nov. 7 Wall Street Journal article:

Amazon.com Inc. has reached a deal with Walt Disney Co. to carry the Disney+ streaming-video service on Fire TV devices, according to people familiar with the matter.

The two companies had been at loggerheads over terms for carrying Disney’s apps on Amazon’s Fire TV devices, the Journal reported last month. At the time, Fire TV wasn’t listed as a partner that would carry Disney’s new streaming service as a result of those disputes, The Journal reported.

Amazon was pushing for the right to sell a substantial percentage of the ad space on Disney apps. It is unclear if Disney agreed to Amazon’s terms. Disney+ launches on Tuesday. Disney is set to report earnings Thursday afternoon.

Format = 4K SDR, Match Dynamic Range = On, Match Frame Rate = On. This will allow HDR10 and DolbyVision to engage when present.

What TV are you using?

Can you verify you can see all programs and movies with 4K HDR set? Or that your TV is displaying 4K HDR on Disney+ movies like the Star Wars series.

I'm trying to resolve a mystery on why so many Disney + viewers on Apple TV are not getting picture when 4K has HDR active. So far nobody posting on the Apple TV 4K forum is seeing HDR and has to use 4K SDR but also Match Dynamic Range = OFF.

What TV are you using?

Can you verify you can see all programs and movies with 4K HDR set? Or that your TV is displaying 4K HDR on Disney+ movies like the Star Wars series.

I'm trying to resolve a mystery on why so many Disney + viewers on Apple TV are not getting picture when 4K has HDR active. So far nobody posting on the Apple TV 4K forum is seeing HDR and has to use 4K SDR but also Match Dynamic Range = OFF.
Very definitely I am getting DolbyVision on my Vizio P75-C1 out of the AppleTV with the settings I alluded to. I just tested Monsters Inc and Avengers from the Disney+ app. Maybe their TVs won't do DolbyVision and the app is not doing the conversion to HDR10. I'll have to find a movie that is HDR10 native and see what happens.

Very definitely I am getting DolbyVision on my Vizio P75-C1 out of the AppleTV with the settings I alluded to. I just tested Monsters Inc and Avengers from the Disney+ app. Maybe their TVs won't do DolbyVision and the app is not doing the conversion to HDR10. I'll have to find a movie that is HDR10 native and see what happens.
I just tested Free Solo which is native HDR10 and the Vizio is reporting HDR10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)