Disney Plus +

I'm not sure that it doesn't offer much for adults. The Star Wars movies on Disney and the different offerings from Marvel are adult oriented. Two other things to consider. Quite a bit in 4K and it's only $69 a year. I mean come on. Two people can go out for a nice dinner and easily drop $69 in one night.

To add to the disappointment over lack of original content on Disney+, production on the Lizzie McGuire reboot was halted while they look for a new showrunner and the show's future is uncertain. (Please don't ask me how I know this. ;) )

I'm not sure that it doesn't offer much for adults. The Star Wars movies on Disney and the different offerings from Marvel are adult oriented. Two other things to consider. Quite a bit in 4K and it's only $69 a year. I mean come on. Two people can go out for a nice dinner and easily drop $69 in one night.
Meanwhile Disney asks for more money for carriage of their channels on cable and satellite. Disney creates a Star Wars show that could easily be broadcasted on ABC, but instead, we pay higher retransmission for locally owned ABC channels... so that we can pay a few more bucks to watch something that Disney could have broadcasted on a pre-existing distribution network.

If someone doesn't have cable/sat/IPTV, this works for them. But for everyone else, we are getting nickel'd and dime'd.

One shouldn't confuse family content with adult-oriented content. The appeal of this movie franchise to adults is mostly nostalgic.
So? Nostalgia is something virtually everyone enjoys. Except those that think they are too grown up to act like a kid once in a while.

Reactions: lparsons21
The only reason I signed up for the deal was due to The Mandalorian. So far I've watched nothing else. They are going to have to do a lot better for me to re-up down the road.

Not even the Star Wars movies in 4K, that was my first watch since they upgraded them.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Not even the Star Wars movies in 4K, that was my first watch since they upgraded them.

So far no. Probably eventually although I've long lost count of the number of different formats I've seen the original three. The last few I've bought the UHD disks.

So? Nostalgia is something virtually everyone enjoys. Except those that think they are too grown up to act like a kid once in a while.
Absolutely. Just a few weeks back I watched 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea which I first watched in 1954, when I was 10, and hadn't seen since. I was surprised to see that Kirk Douglas had a main role in it. Things go away over time. :) I really enjoyed it!

Reactions: raoul5788
Absolutely. Just a few weeks back I watched 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea which I first watched in 1954, when I was 10, and hadn't seen since. I was surprised to see that Kirk Douglas had a main role in it. Things go away over time. :) I really enjoyed it!

I watched that too! But the very first thing I watched was the 50’s Peter Pan movie. Always loved that version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Howard Simmons
For those who want some of the older content, Zorro the series is on March 6.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Today is March 6
Zorro the series is not there

Moved to the 13th

Friday, March 13

Wicked Tuna (S3-8)
Wicked Tuna: Outer Banks (S1-6)
Zorro – Second Series (S1)
Stargirl: Premier
Diary of a Future President: Episode 109 – “State of the Union”
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode 704 – “Unfinished Business”
Marvel’s Hero Project: Episode 119 – “Astonishing Austin”
Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings: Episode 205 – “Made for Loving You”
Shop Class: Episode 103 – “Ramps & Champs”
Disney Family Sundays: Episode 119 – “The Muppets: Pom Poms”
One Day At Disney: Episode 115 – “Leah Buono: Casting Director”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)