Display Question

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My wife and I just purchased a 32" LCD widescreen for our bedroom. I connected it via DSub (VGA) to my video card on my PC on it's VGA connection. I have a DVI connection to my 20" LCD widescreen now.

I set Vista to clone the display on the 2nd display (the TV), and it displayed fine on it, however it jacked up my resolution size on my main display. Any reason why?

My video card is a GeForce 8400GS 256MB.

I'm no wiz with computers as most of you know but I had a similar problem recently when I purchased a new V7 LCD monitor and started to run dual monitors. I had a little help from my friend in the IT department at work. Vista maybe different but with xp down in the task bar there should be an icon for the graphics drivers. Click on that and a screen should pop up showing the connected displays. Chose the one needing adjustment and set accordingly. Hope this helps.

My wife and I just purchased a 32" LCD widescreen for our bedroom. I connected it via DSub (VGA) to my video card on my PC on it's VGA connection. I have a DVI connection to my 20" LCD widescreen now.

I set Vista to clone the display on the 2nd display (the TV), and it displayed fine on it, however it jacked up my resolution size on my main display. Any reason why?

My video card is a GeForce 8400GS 256MB.

When you are using clone mode, it is going to try to display the exact same resolution on both your main display and your TV. Since they are not the same native resolution, one or the other is not going to look right.

I have a 47" lcd in my bedroom I drive occasionally from my PC. When doing so, I make it the primary display, then switch back when I am done.

You can just tell XP to extend the desktop on this monitor. If you do that you can setup the proper resolution on both monitors. You will just need to drag whatever you want to display over to the TV's portion of the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)