Displaying Pictures

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I tried to display pictures with the AZ and it won't go. If you keep trying it freezes up. They are regular JPG images about 4~5 mb. Pictures are loaded in the pictures folder on the internal HDD. Anyone use this feature? Found any dos and don'ts?

I tried to display pictures with the AZ and it won't go. If you keep trying it freezes up. They are regular JPG images about 4~5 mb. Pictures are loaded in the pictures folder on the internal HDD. Anyone use this feature? Found any dos and don'ts?

Magic,

I have viewed photos of roughly the same size from my cellular phone camera. I tried several methods to view the pictures via the AZBox and they all worked just fine. Here are the methods that I utilized:

1] I removed the micro SD chip from my cell phone and put it in a USB adapter and plugged that into my PC. Then I opened MazEdit and FTP'd several photo files from the chip to the AZBox's /DATA/hdb1/picture folder using the click, drag and drop method. Then I opened the PHOTO browser from the HOME menu options where you can select: TV mode (1) - YouTube (2) - PlugIns (3) - Movie (4) - Music (5) - Photo (6) - File Mgr (7) - FTP (8) - RSS News (9) - Browser (10) - Settings (11). Then I selected the PHOTO subfolder and the images I transferred via FTP were present and viewable.

2] I inserted the USB adapter with the memory chip from my phone into the USB port of my AZBox and selected the PHOTO browser once again and this time selected the subfolder USB1. The entire content of the memory chip was presented and I was able to select individual pix or run slide shows of selected (checked off) photos or select ALL the photos for a slideshow.

3] With the memory chip attached to my USB port of the AZBox, I selected FILE MANAGER ? USB1 ? sda1. Checkmarked the box in front of sda1 and press OK, highlighted My_Images and pressed OK. In a few seconds, the entire list of photos was displayed. I check-marked several randomly selected picture files. Clicked on the DETAIL MENU and selected the option to COPY. Then exited so that I could get back to FILE MANAGER ? PHOTO, highlighted the first file in the PHOTO pictures list and selected the DETAIL MENU and found the PASTE option, highlighted it and pressed OK. The selected images were then copied from the USB adapter/memory chip and pasted to my HDD. Now, I could remove the USB adapter and memory chip from the AZBox and the pictures that I copied and pasted were viewable from the main PHOTO album option (option #6 from the HOME menu).

Everything seems to work really well. The files all show up as just a "file name" at first, but there is an option to create thumbnails. It states that creating thumbnails takes several minutes, but for just a few files, it only required a matter of seconds.

Only suggestion I have is to check the JPEG (*.jpg) format to be sure that it is correct and not some similar looking format extension like *.pnj etc.

RADAR

Magic,

I have viewed photos of roughly the same size from my cellular phone camera. I tried several methods to view the pictures via the AZBox and they all worked just fine. Here are the methods that I utilized:

1] I removed the micro SD chip from my cell phone and put it in a USB adapter and plugged that into my PC. Then I opened MazEdit and FTP'd several photo files from the chip to the AZBox's /DATA/hdb1/picture folder using the click, drag and drop method. Then I opened the PHOTO browser from the HOME menu options where you can select: TV mode (1) - YouTube (2) - PlugIns (3) - Movie (4) - Music (5) - Photo (6) - File Mgr (7) - FTP (8) - RSS News (9) - Browser (10) - Settings (11). Then I selected the PHOTO subfolder and the images I transferred via FTP were present and viewable.

2] I inserted the USB adapter with the memory chip from my phone into the USB port of my AZBox and selected the PHOTO browser once again and this time selected the subfolder USB1. The entire content of the memory chip was presented and I was able to select individual pix or run slide shows of selected (checked off) photos or select ALL the photos for a slideshow.

3] With the memory chip attached to my USB port of the AZBox, I selected FILE MANAGER ? USB1 ? sda1. Checkmarked the box in front of sda1 and press OK, highlighted My_Images and pressed OK. In a few seconds, the entire list of photos was displayed. I check-marked several randomly selected picture files. Clicked on the DETAIL MENU and selected the option to COPY. Then exited so that I could get back to FILE MANAGER ? PHOTO, highlighted the first file in the PHOTO pictures list and selected the DETAIL MENU and found the PASTE option, highlighted it and pressed OK. The selected images were then copied from the USB adapter/memory chip and pasted to my HDD. Now, I could remove the USB adapter and memory chip from the AZBox and the pictures that I copied and pasted were viewable from the main PHOTO album option (option #6 from the HOME menu).

Everything seems to work really well. The files all show up as just a "file name" at first, but there is an option to create thumbnails. It states that creating thumbnails takes several minutes, but for just a few files, it only required a matter of seconds.

Only suggestion I have is to check the JPEG (*.jpg) format to be sure that it is correct and not some similar looking format extension like *.pnj etc.

RADAR

Nice tutorial! :)

Good Info. Thanks. I will try some other methods as described. I don't use an "Editor" to access the AZBox HDD, it just shows on the windows network and I have added many videos and audio files that work. I added pictures the same way. Maybe it is because I added so many at once.
But I'm glad to see that it is expected to work. I will persist and prevail.

Well I've figured it out. I can display all kinds of pictures even pics stored on the network. Just can't display pics over 4mb. Always get "Image Draw Error" So the pics that would look pretty good on a big 52" TV won't work :( ...about right LOL

Well I've figured it out. I can display all kinds of pictures even pics stored on the network. Just can't display pics over 4mb. Always get "Image Draw Error" So the pics that would look pretty good on a big 52" TV won't work :( ...about right LOL

Magic,

OK. I didn't realize that there was a limit on the file size of the Pix. Largest image size (file size) that I get from my cell phone camera is under 600 KB. What is the source of your files that are over 4 MB? Can you post one here for me to try on my AZBox? I want to see if I get the same error message.

Here is one image from my phone that is the largest I have (583 KB). Odd, the close ups are the largest files. This may seem an odd photo subject, too... A bunch of weeds and some dirt and water? LOL Well, it has a purpose behind it. I was recording evidence of erosion damage along the riverbank near my cabin. This photo was showing how the bank was sloughing off into the river (see the crack in the dirt?).

0521170845.jpg

RADAR

Most all of the pics I have posted here were taken with my Samsung HZ50W 14mp camera which produces pics just under 4.5MBsatfav9.JPG

Most all of the pics I have posted here were taken with my Samsung HZ50W 14mp camera which produces pics just under 4.5MBView attachment 74399

Magic Static,

I got it to display on mine! Takes a little backdoor weasle to get 'er done.

At first, I just downloaded your pix to my PC and then FTP'd it to the same folder as I was using for my pix. I had to use the click, drag and drop method once again. When I attempted to view your photo, I got the error "IMAGE DRAW ERROR". So, I went back to the image, highlighted it and put a check mark in the box to the right and selected the DETAIL MENU via the remote button. Then, I selected the "CREATE THUMBNAIL" option. It took about 30-45 seconds or so and then returned to the list of all my photos. Your photo then had a thumbnail image displayed instead of just a filename.

I clicked on that thumbnail image and your photo popped up on my TV screen big as life! Nice picture, too! Awesome dish!

RADAR

I begin to understand now. That is why I have an exclamation point on all the pics, indicating "Thumbnails are required". I'm processing a folder of 36 pics now. It will take 30 minutes at this rate. With this kind of action I think it's best to keep the photos on the AZBox. I hope once it makes all the thumbnails I can just pop them up at any time without the wait.

Well more than 45min to process 36 photos and I can view pics. I don't think I will be using this feature much. I can put up with the BS to get them loaded but they don't display in the native format. They are stretched to fill the screen, or resized/formatted which distorts the pic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts