Dissappearing C/Ku LNBFs for BUDs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
With the recent revelation that WSI is out of business and after checking with DMSI I've come to the conclusion that we BUD owners who use the combo C/Ku LNBFs are pretty much S. O. L.!

Here's the reply I got from DMSI on their BSC621:

Unfortunately we no longer carry the BSC621 C/Ku lnbf's. We still carry the BSC 421 which is a C-band lnbf and we have many Ku lnbf's to choose from. I noticed there are still some available on eBay.

Thanks

yeah they look to be disappearing. i have two of the bsc621 ( i think both are the older versions ) both have been lightly used and i believe are fully functional.
at one time i was going toward c & ku from one dish but since have changed direction and switched my c bands to c band duals and removed the c/ku combos .

Yea. Unfortunately there has been way too much misinformation about combo lnbf’s that have swayed too many potential buyers away from them. I love my NS741 and will always try to keep a combo lnbf if possible.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
I have been using one for 10 years on my 10' Unimesh dish. It still works fine. I guess I should pick up a spare before they are all gone.

I have Geosat C2s on all the 6' dishes.

Leomall/MrSavingsmall and Paxlycom on fleabay have them listed but the price it about double what they originally were. That and I wouldn't buy from Leomall/Mrsavingsmall if they were the last businesses on earth after they basically refused to warranty a Vbox X that went up in smoke several years back. Matter of fact, they never answered any of the Emails I sent them.

After all the stink and law suite that DMSI filed against WSI you would "think" they would at least still sell the product they sued them over?? :wtf2But I guess not.:oldfrown

Reactions: scarecrovv
I am also disappointed they are no longer available (at a reasonable price). Tried to purchase one a couple months ago but was unsuccessful. My last one was fried due to lightning. Hope someone picks up the slack in the future!

My last one was fried due to lightning.

Yeah Joe that's what has happened to me on more than one occasion. I've been lucky this summer though as we haven't have much lightning this year. When those LNBFs I have are gone then I guess I'll just watch the 19 channels I have available OTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts