Distant HD Networks to Be Cut Off Nov 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
My Dad just got a letter from DTV stating that his HD Distant Network feeds would be cut off starting Nov 1. since he can now get Nashville locals. I guess it is a good thing that both of his units are H20.

I am just wondering if they will cut me off too? My problem is that as an early HD adopter, my HD big screen TV has a 15 pin VGA input for the HD feed. I still use a Sony 300 for that TV. It does not recieve MP4 signals. If they cut me off, I will not be able to recieve any HD network feeds on main TV.

It is interesting to me that they will not be cutting off any of the SD Distant Nework feeds at all. It makes not since to me at all.

OneBigJedi said:
My Dad just got a letter from DTV stating that his HD Distant Network feeds would be cut off starting Nov 1. since he can now get Nashville locals. I guess it is a good thing that both of his units are H20.

I am just wondering if they will cut me off too? My problem is that as an early HD adopter, my HD big screen TV has a 15 pin VGA input for the HD feed. I still use a Sony 300 for that TV. It does not recieve MP4 signals. If they cut me off, I will not be able to recieve any HD network feeds on main TV.

It is interesting to me that they will not be cutting off any of the SD Distant Nework feeds at all. It makes not since to me at all.

A good budy of mine had an older HD projector with only VGA input as well. He got a special cable that was component-to-VGA to allow him to use the TV with his E* satellite box. Something like this:

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/video-to-vga.html#hd15rgb

However, as noted on the page in the link above, you may need to get a transcoder:

Note: The Device to which the "VGA" connector is connected, needs to support Component video(which is actually "sync on Y", Y-Pr-Pb)or "sync-on-green" for this type of cable to work. Check your Plasma, Projector or HDTV manual, otherwise your picture won't sync! In this case you need a "transcoder".

In any case, getting this cable or a transcoder would be much cheaper than buying a new TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts