Distant Network Changes?

roadrhino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 11, 2004
Hi,

I was wondering recently about some possible programming changes. I looked on the dishnetwork.com website and it appeared that my service address doesn't qualify anymore for both local networks as well as distant networks, something a Dish Network represenative offered me on the phone some 8 months ago.

Do I need to worry about my Distant Networks disappearing or would I somehow be grandfathered in, but not allowed to make any changes without affecting my continued ability to receive both NY and local?

All the best...

:confused:Roadrhino

ps - I know this has probably been discussed to death here, but I did two quick searches in this forum and did not find the info I was looking for.

You will get a letter before you lose distants. If you have locals in your market now you should be able to respond to the letter and KEEP your distants. If you don't have locals you should be given the choice to take locals (losing distants) or refuse locals (and keep distants) - no response loses distants forever and the day you take locals loses distants.

E* is under no obligation now or in the past to offer distants or continue offering them. But they like the money. :D

JL

I woudl recommend that NO one with distants makes ANY changes to ANY of their programming until this thing settles out.

I can see CSRs screwing things up all over the place and people losing distants that they deserve and never being able to get them back. :(

WHen I added HDTV package, I lost my Distants. Buggers. I used to qualify, but then I did not. Really sucks. If we want to pay, we should be able to get whatever we want, sports included. But, alas, this has been beaten to death........................... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)