Distant Networks Changing Channels

sweet-dreams-smiley.gif

Killjoy.

Tampa8 said:
They can't follow those rules. Virtually no hosuehold who gets Dish can get distants. Unless you have heard something, I would be surprised if they just went away December 1st to those now subscribed.

If that was the case they wouldn't have up linked the sd mirrors a few weeks ago. They are getting them ready for a reason and my only GUESS is that aad is going away.

If that was the case they wouldn't have up linked the sd mirrors a few weeks ago. They are getting them ready for a reason and my only GUESS is that aad is going away.
So they sell the service right up to the end and then shut it down? ( the web site is up and appears to be running) that's a hell of a way to run a business. In this climate nothing should surprise..I suppose.
I acknowledge what you say but have a lingering doubt, from a business standpoint......
What are "sd mirrors" and how do they fit into this scenario? forgive my ignorance (I did a quick google, nothing).

All this mirrors the demise of "Dish Remote Access" months ago, which I'm using right now... the fabled "Dish Extender"(never happened), the "Blockbuster" software for the 922 (11/16/11 release date?, the discontinuation of the 922 and the new "xip813" receivers.....
The thing I get from satellite TV land is nothing is for sure....

Last edited:

But who would they sell them to? Taking away RV & truckers, what households does Dish not serve with locals? They can't sell them to anyone who could get their locals (or some locals even neighboring ones) from Dish. That's pretty much 100% of Dish coverage. So lets say AAD is going to go away, what purpose does Dish having those SD channels up serve in relation to AAD going away?

Called the 800 909 number and they are indeed taking new subscribers. (Still have operators on Sunday no less to take orders) I would hope they wouldn't if they were going away anytime soon. Not that businesses have gone out of business before right after taking people's money........

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts