Divine? or not?

at the very least

Pete In Plano said:
Keep the promos off the other channels.

At the very least,,,,don't need to explain what gay and lesbians r to my 3,4, & 6 year old at 1pm in the afternoon when watching classic gravity games or disHD.

After reading three pages of post on this thread, its obvious that Voom is marketing to the gay and lesbian community for a channel that really isn't anymore gay and lesbian and less than several that already exist.

Its just a marketing ploy for subscribership. Plain and simple.

The flip side of this is when someone whose interested in that programming gets Voom and sees that it isn't what they thought, they'll probably be mad at Voom.

I agree, that the promotions for other Voom channels don't need to be replayed on each others channels, but once again, they're promoting Voom is stores(or will be soon) in which they want customers seeing what they have. Around here, if they show their current Devine promotions at the local Sears, they'll probably have the store manager turn it off. Sure that'll do them a lot of good.

Different Strokes for different Folks I support it!

I like the concept in kind the "Devine Channel" . If you subscribe to NetFlix's you will find a few hundred quality gay content films it would be nice to watch them at 1080i instead of 480. My only complaint so far is that Dvine is showing films that perhaps someone feels that some people my like but for the most part it seems to be non gay theme films. Next I'm sure they will be showing 'The Wizard of Oz'

When Bravo introduced 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' they took a change , now it's so popular that NBC and major networks are airing it. ShowTime "Queer as Folk" and HBO's "Six Feet Under" has proved to be some of the most successful award winning programming aired on cable.

I support Voom , the "Devine" and Diversty

Steve

A Pastoral Note

As a Pastor, I understand the argument over the morality issue of this programming.

I have to say that the Church as a whole has been just as guilty as others as forcing the "Christian Agenda" upon the masses and to expect them to accept what we believe. This is wrong. Christians are supposed to live their lives in a befitting manner that should serve as Godly examples, but sadly this is not the case. Many in the "Church" live a life of hypocrisy, yet try to police the world trying to tell others how to live.

I looked at the passionate arguments made in the previous thread regarding the programming content of Cinema 10 and it saddens me. The time and energy spent arguing this issue could have been channelled into more constructive avenues.

I am not a judgemental person. As christians, we are not to be judgemental; that is not our job. That is God's job. We cannot force people to change. Again, that is His job. There is a passage in His word that says a house that is divided against itself cannot stand; clearly there is division where this issue is concerned. Life is too short to argue over a such a petty issue in my opinion.

Arguing over content on tv while people are dying, homeless, hungry, abused, lonely and neglected, yet the best we can do is argue over programming?!

What will it matter in 20-30 years what content is being displayed on TV?
Human nature simply stated is that people will do only what they want to do.
We have all been given the right to make decisions. Either we make a decision to do something or not to do something..

I say to all of you, television at best, is a tool that we use to inform us, educate us, and entertain us; We have the power using the remote to tailor that content to suit our own preferences.

Use it.

Look at what is really on Devine- the content.Too many posters have been guilty of "contempt prior to inspection."

Six Feet Under & Queer Folk are more gay.....

The Sopranos is more violent.......

The films are usually good stories and do not explicitly display much sex of any kind at all. Some are not so good because they are just not good films, like on any other channel. I think it's the name "Gay & Lesbian" that gets reaction and contempt prior to inspection.

Mr.Poindexter said:
I don't think that Voom is "pushing a homosexual agenda" as much as they are supplying customers with what they want.

So, DivineHD is not appropriate for family viewing? Is there a backlash against Playboy Hot HD? Granted, it is a premium service, but you can still block out Divine HD from your favorites guide. I personally don't care about it one way or the other. =QUOTE]

Playboy HD is not advertised when I am watching skateboarding or some other extreme sports on Rush when I am watching it with my son who is 4 & 3. I could care less, though I personally think it is a waste to name a channel Gay and lesbian with such a small fraction of the general population being gay & lesbian, if Voom decides to have such a channel just don't put advertisements on other channels especially at 1pm in the afternoon.

I personally couldn't give a flying crap. To be honest I didn't even know that channel was supposed to be a gay channel. They're showing Thelma & Louise right now. Maybe I'm forgetting something but I can't recall this movie ever being advertised as a gay movie.

As for the commercials for it on other channels, I can't really say much since I haven't seen them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)