DivineHD: Should it be "a la carte"?

larrybud said:
I find it interesting that you have all the bitching and moaning in the thread about which channels should Voom add to their lineup, and yet all the indifference to this channel.

I don't believe its indifference but it also doesn't make an impact as far as bandwidth goes compared to what we have available today. It is being added to Cinema 10. Soo, while we did get some new programing (some like it, some don't) we still haven't lost the ability to get even more. :)

DenR said:
I can think of a number of channels I don't want to pay for. If you belive that, you should make all channels a la carte.

That is the ultimate goal, all channel should be ala carte.

Steve

For those of you who are thinking about cancelling you sub to Voom because you don't want to pay money to a corporation who acknowledges homosexuality you should know:
Seventy-two percent, or 360, of the Fortune 500 companies included sexual orientation in their non-discrimination policies at the end of 2003
200 Fortune-listed companies, or 40 percent, offered domestic partner health insurance benefits
7,149 private employers and colleges and universities that provided health insurance coverage to employees’ domestic partners
Half of all states and the District of Columbia provided some level of protection from sexual orientation discrimination in the workplace last year Eleven states cover their public employees and 14 states extend protections to the private sector
At the end of 2003, 285 cities, counties and government organizations provided some level of protection against employment discrimination based on sexual orientation
I think you might find it hard to buy a car, travel on an airline, shop in the supermarket, got to the movies, watch tv, live in or travel to many states and cities if you were going to use the boycott to express your negative feelings about sexual orientation.

discodol said:
For those of you who are thinking about cancelling you sub to Voom because you don't want to pay money to a corporation who acknowledges homosexuality you should know:
Seventy-two percent, or 360, of the Fortune 500 companies included sexual orientation in their non-discrimination policies at the end of 2003
200 Fortune-listed companies, or 40 percent, offered domestic partner health insurance benefits
7,149 private employers and colleges and universities that provided health insurance coverage to employees’ domestic partners
Half of all states and the District of Columbia provided some level of protection from sexual orientation discrimination in the workplace last year Eleven states cover their public employees and 14 states extend protections to the private sector
At the end of 2003, 285 cities, counties and government organizations provided some level of protection against employment discrimination based on sexual orientation
I think you might find it hard to buy a car, travel on an airline, shop in the supermarket, got to the movies, watch tv, live in or travel to many states and cities if you were going to use the boycott to express your negative feelings about sexual orientation.

The old "what does it matter, everyone's doing it, why not take a hit" argument is very weak at best. Again - if 72% of fortune 500 companies jumped off a bridge...
TRUTH

This poll is quite amazing given the large population that just doesn't want to have anything do to with the homosexual channel. If you compared the results of this poll to a poll of people who wouldn't want just about any other station (ESPN, MTV, CNN, etc), I bet nothing would come close to being disliked as much.

savethefamily said:
The old "what does it matter, everyone's doing it, why not take a hit" argument is very weak at best. Again - if 72% of fortune 500 companies jumped off a bridge...

This poll is quite amazing given the large population that just doesn't want to have anything do to with the homosexual channel. If you compared the results of this poll to a poll of people who wouldn't want just about any other station (ESPN, MTV, CNN, etc), I bet nothing would come close to being disliked as much.

I don't think so. After reading a fair share of posts I think the numbers would look the same or worse for ultra, moov, and treasure. I happen to like those channels but I think the majority here would just as soon see these channels reprogrammed with some other content.

dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts