DMA 153 Rochester/Austin MN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

flabyboy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 17, 2010
MN
Hopefully I will be making the switch to Directv from Dish this week, if the install goes well. Iknow HD locals were very close in my area thru Dish. Just wondering what the status is with Directv? Where can I look to find this info?

Hello fellow DMA 153 resident! Are you from Rochester? Yes, let us know how your install goes and what company actually does your installation! My install is scheduled for next week Monday.

Here is the page.......

DIRECTV: HD Locals, locals in HD

Doesn't look good. Hopefully this lists only NEW DMAs that are going to be introduced and not those that are currently SD that are going to get upgraded.

List of the SD channels for DMA 153

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/localChannels.jsp?assetId=900018

CBS KIMT

ABC KAAL

NBC KTTC

CW CW

PBS KSMQ

PBS KYIN

FOX KXLT

Last edited:
actually live in Dover, but am from Rochester. you making the switch to Directv from Dish as well? I am excited, but nervous. last time I tried to get service thru Directv the installer said it would be difficult and it wasn't worth his time. Dish came out and did it in 30mins. I hope I don't see that same guy from Directv at my door on Thurs

Thru Directv can you get HD in your network channels thru like Chicago, NY, or LA? I know they used to do this with dish when you made a request of some sort. I thought they got in trouble for it though

actually live in Dover, but am from Rochester. you making the switch to Directv from Dish as well? I am excited, but nervous. last time I tried to get service thru Directv the installer said it would be difficult and it wasn't worth his time. Dish came out and did it in 30mins. I hope I don't see that same guy from Directv at my door on Thurs

There is an installer that comes from the cities.....and a firm that does their own sold installs here in Rochester. If you have major fail with installer from the cities that does the "direct" DirecTV installs, let me know, and I'll get you in touch with a locals sales guy (whom I did not go though as I wanted the Best Buy rebate).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts