AT&T $5.00 Discount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Since I have been with Directv ( Feb 2090 ) I have received a $5.00 a month AT &T Discount credit. AT&T provides my land line phone, cell phone and internet service.

I am considering no longer having a land line phone. I no longer need it to have my DSL internet service.

I will call Directv to find out if I will still get the $5.00 AT&T Discount if I drop my land line phone.

However, before I call I would like to know if anyone out there is getting the AT&T $5.00 discount with only having their cell phone and internet service provided by AT&T.

Thanks

Since I have been with Directv ( Feb 2090 ) I have received a $5.00 a month AT &T Discount credit. AT&T provides my land line phone, cell phone and internet service.

I am considering no longer having a land line phone. I no longer need it to have my DSL internet service.

I will call Directv to find out if I will still get the $5.00 AT&T Discount if I drop my land line phone.

However, before I call I would like to know if anyone out there is getting the AT&T $5.00 discount with only having their cell phone and internet service provided by AT&T.

Thanks
Joel,
You are suppose to get the $5 credit as long as you have one AT&T product and are bundled with AT&T and D* in some way....
As longs you have ONE AT&T service and keep it bundled you will have the $ 5 discount.
Make sure to call the AT&T # to do this.
Don't remember it off the top of my hear, but I think it ends in xxx-xxx-2020.

I dont have AT&T here in Minnesota but its Qwest and all I have is internet & D* and get a $5 discount on D*

please note if you want to take advantage of the "free HD for 24 months" for current customers you have to be with D* directly...I'm in the process of having Qwest deconsolidate my account :)

I dont have AT&T here in Minnesota but its Qwest and all I have is internet & D* and get a $5 discount on D*

please note if you want to take advantage of the "free HD for 24 months" for current customers you have to be with D* directly...I'm in the process of having Qwest deconsolidate my account :)

$10 sure sounds better than $5 :)

I called Directv. The CSR did not know if I would lose the $5.00 AT&T credit if I dropped the land line.

I called AT&T. I was told I will no longer get the $5.00 credit if I do not have a land line phone. However, If I keep the land line phone AT&T will give me a $10 credit for the next 12 months for my AT&T services ( land line phone, cell phone, and internet).

My land line phone charge is about $15.50 a month. With the $10 a month new credit and being able to keep the $5.00 a month AT&T discount on my Directv bill I might as well keep the land line phone.

Plus, I live in an apartment building. People at the front door who want to ring my apartment use a phone outside the door to call up to my apartment. I use my land line phone to talk to them. By pressing ( 9) I unlock the door letting them into the building. AT&T says if I drop my land line the above ability to talk to people outside the front door and to unlock the door is gone.

I called Directv. The CSR did not know if I would lose the $5.00 AT&T credit if I dropped the land line.

I called AT&T. I was told I will no longer get the $5.00 credit if I do not have a land line phone. However, If I keep the land line phone AT&T will give me a $10 credit for the next 12 months for my AT&T services ( land line phone, cell phone, and internet).

My land line phone charge is about $15.50 a month. With the $10 a month new credit and being able to keep the $5.00 a month AT&T discount on my Directv bill I might as well keep the land line phone.

Plus, I live in an apartment building. People at the front door who want to ring my apartment use a phone outside the door to call up to my apartment. I use my land line phone to talk to them. By pressing ( 9) I unlock the door letting them into the building. AT&T says if I drop my land line the above ability to talk to people outside the front door and to unlock the door is gone.

Good work Joel,
You've managed to get a better discount from an AT&T /Directv sub than a AT&T Employee is getting.

As for the door lock thing, they may be on to something there, but I would check with the landlord first, if your really thinking about dropping the landline.

Good work Joel,
You've managed to get a better discount from an AT&T /Directv sub than a AT&T Employee is getting.

As for the door lock thing, they may be on to something there, but I would check with the landlord first, if your really thinking about dropping the landline.

I just moved from an apartment installing this kind of system. story goes, ATT told tenants they need a landline. many signed up, all you have to do is change the access number with your landlord. I find the lies ATT uses to be pathetic :)

So what's the deal with the free HD for 24 months for existing subs? Where do I find out about this?

I just moved from an apartment installing this kind of system. story goes, ATT told tenants they need a landline. many signed up, all you have to do is change the access number with your landlord. I find the lies ATT uses to be pathetic :)

Access number ?
If thats the case then why do they bother to hook them up to the phone system ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts