AT&T $5.00 Discount

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Since I have been with Directv ( Feb 2090 ) I have received a $5.00 a month AT &T Discount credit. AT&T provides my land line phone, cell phone and internet service.

I am considering no longer having a land line phone. I no longer need it to have my DSL internet service.

I will call Directv to find out if I will still get the $5.00 AT&T Discount if I drop my land line phone.

However, before I call I would like to know if anyone out there is getting the AT&T $5.00 discount with only having their cell phone and internet service provided by AT&T.

Thanks

Since I have been with Directv ( Feb 2090 ) I have received a $5.00 a month AT &T Discount credit. AT&T provides my land line phone, cell phone and internet service.

I am considering no longer having a land line phone. I no longer need it to have my DSL internet service.

I will call Directv to find out if I will still get the $5.00 AT&T Discount if I drop my land line phone.

However, before I call I would like to know if anyone out there is getting the AT&T $5.00 discount with only having their cell phone and internet service provided by AT&T.

Thanks
Joel,
You are suppose to get the $5 credit as long as you have one AT&T product and are bundled with AT&T and D* in some way....
As longs you have ONE AT&T service and keep it bundled you will have the $ 5 discount.
Make sure to call the AT&T # to do this.
Don't remember it off the top of my hear, but I think it ends in xxx-xxx-2020.

I dont have AT&T here in Minnesota but its Qwest and all I have is internet & D* and get a $5 discount on D*

please note if you want to take advantage of the "free HD for 24 months" for current customers you have to be with D* directly...I'm in the process of having Qwest deconsolidate my account :)

I dont have AT&T here in Minnesota but its Qwest and all I have is internet & D* and get a $5 discount on D*

please note if you want to take advantage of the "free HD for 24 months" for current customers you have to be with D* directly...I'm in the process of having Qwest deconsolidate my account :)

$10 sure sounds better than $5 :)

I called Directv. The CSR did not know if I would lose the $5.00 AT&T credit if I dropped the land line.

I called AT&T. I was told I will no longer get the $5.00 credit if I do not have a land line phone. However, If I keep the land line phone AT&T will give me a $10 credit for the next 12 months for my AT&T services ( land line phone, cell phone, and internet).

My land line phone charge is about $15.50 a month. With the $10 a month new credit and being able to keep the $5.00 a month AT&T discount on my Directv bill I might as well keep the land line phone.

Plus, I live in an apartment building. People at the front door who want to ring my apartment use a phone outside the door to call up to my apartment. I use my land line phone to talk to them. By pressing ( 9) I unlock the door letting them into the building. AT&T says if I drop my land line the above ability to talk to people outside the front door and to unlock the door is gone.

I called Directv. The CSR did not know if I would lose the $5.00 AT&T credit if I dropped the land line.

I called AT&T. I was told I will no longer get the $5.00 credit if I do not have a land line phone. However, If I keep the land line phone AT&T will give me a $10 credit for the next 12 months for my AT&T services ( land line phone, cell phone, and internet).

My land line phone charge is about $15.50 a month. With the $10 a month new credit and being able to keep the $5.00 a month AT&T discount on my Directv bill I might as well keep the land line phone.

Plus, I live in an apartment building. People at the front door who want to ring my apartment use a phone outside the door to call up to my apartment. I use my land line phone to talk to them. By pressing ( 9) I unlock the door letting them into the building. AT&T says if I drop my land line the above ability to talk to people outside the front door and to unlock the door is gone.

Good work Joel,
You've managed to get a better discount from an AT&T /Directv sub than a AT&T Employee is getting.

As for the door lock thing, they may be on to something there, but I would check with the landlord first, if your really thinking about dropping the landline.

Good work Joel,
You've managed to get a better discount from an AT&T /Directv sub than a AT&T Employee is getting.

As for the door lock thing, they may be on to something there, but I would check with the landlord first, if your really thinking about dropping the landline.

I just moved from an apartment installing this kind of system. story goes, ATT told tenants they need a landline. many signed up, all you have to do is change the access number with your landlord. I find the lies ATT uses to be pathetic :)

So what's the deal with the free HD for 24 months for existing subs? Where do I find out about this?

I just moved from an apartment installing this kind of system. story goes, ATT told tenants they need a landline. many signed up, all you have to do is change the access number with your landlord. I find the lies ATT uses to be pathetic :)

Access number ?
If thats the case then why do they bother to hook them up to the phone system ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts