DMSI Android + DVB-S/S2 receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Downloaded again same thing :(

Seem to be a lot of issues combining sat receiver hardware and Android on these newer satellite receivers. Kind of thinking it would be best to leave out the media center stuff and stick with the satellite receiver only, but we want to stream and network these devices so the 3rd party OS is pretty much a requirement. Maybe slimming down the install to operate only the sat reception and display (4K?), disc storage/management, and ethernet (gigabit) and/or wifi... Kind of like AzBox with their linux derivative or USB receiver and raspberry Pi idea with custom software.

I do praise you Guys for bringing these new products to market. I realize the amount of work and risk you take on is substantial in a very small market. Every problem solved is something learned so I am sure a satisfactory product will result! :)

$165 however at this point I would not sell because of Dolby digital issue. I know a few other dealers/reseller that passed because of the past issues with no meaningful updates.

Trust me I will be on the horn 1st thing Tomorrow asking for answers and help to fix the DD issue and update error. I like the gui on this stb.

I just got off the phone with leo at dmsi and he said he would look into the DD issue. I will call back this afternoon for an update.

Reactions: KE4EST
Leo, tested today and Acknowledged there's an issue with. Dolby Digital. I will call tomorrow afternoon for update.

Leo sent a patch today for DD will install and report back.

I think leo has a different firmware on his unit because i just bricked this one after patch :(

I'm putting the effort in because i think this unit has promise :)

Is Android restore working to show anything?

Is Android restore working to show anything?

It's stuck on the android screen at boot.

I have tried the reset button a few times in different ways.

Any ideas you know way more about android then me? (Apple guy)

Holding the reset or pwr button while plugging it in. Try that.
Continue to hold a while see if you get anything.

Ok I will try now

I'd guess if it has problems right out of the box, without a bunch of buggy apps weighing it down, it is junk or still beta.
Its crazy that stuff like that gets put out for sale.

My Vigica C90S is just OK - no expectations for anything to get fixed, though problems are relatively minor, particularly for < $100
My A3 is good and features are plentiful, but was expensive, hardware is a couple years old now and won't be current for long.

I'm on the fence about media box STBs. I really like a all-in-one solution, but...the hardware and software get out of date so fast compared to a regular STB, OS updates are more important than a regular STB but instead new models get released... I'm reversing direction for my next STB and getting a regular STB and separate Android media box.

Reactions: fred555
HA HA, mortar, bricked, I get it!

wpid-i-am-not-always-captain-obvious-but-when-i-am-i-make-it-obvious-thumb.jpg

lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts