Galaxy 19 - 97W Ku-band channel guide (Aug. 8 update)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How do the Saudi and Kazakh TV signals get to Culver City for uplinking?

Thanks!

For a couple of days now, I see that MCBN (Mi Casa Broadcasting Network) has gone into freeze frame mode (a la History Channel's "Man on the beach") with a Norwegian Cruise Line ship!

How do the Saudi and Kazakh TV signals get to Culver City for uplinking?
Live stations are either turned from another satellite feed, fiber or Internet stream.

For a couple of days now, I see that MCBN (Mi Casa Broadcasting Network) has gone into freeze frame mode (a la History Channel's "Man on the beach") with a Norwegian Cruise Line ship!
Encoders typically will display the last frame of video if signal is lost. Maybe the feed was discontinued or interrupted?

Reactions: fred555
Encoders typically will display the last frame of video if signal is lost. Maybe the feed was discontinued or interrupted?

Yes, just like my receivers will do with a sudden loss. Since it has been a couple of days, I suspect that it is the end of the channel on 97w (just like the freeze frame signalled the end of History Channel on 101w) .

Could be. However, I have also seen a freeze frame for up to a week and then the channel just picks right back up. :)

Guess we'll see about MCBN. A few weeks ago, I noticed it had very bad audio sync, and so I gave up on watching the film that was playing!

Could be. However, I have also seen a freeze frame for up to a week and then the channel just picks right back up. :)

Guess we'll see about MCBN. A few weeks ago, I noticed it had very bad audio sync, and so I gave up on watching the film that was playing!

Don't know whether it was the same movie I tried to watch, or a different one, but I do remember it was one of the worst audio sync problems I have ever encountered!

Status
Please reply by conversation.