DNS installer's perspective

jsipes1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere
Just wanted to see what the general opinion is out there. I have done 4 hopper installs, from my 1h2j install to a 2h4j install (all were existing customer upgrades), as well as using a HIC. So far, I have run into 0 problems with setup, apart from 2 hoppers rebooting when attempting to access online content- but working immediately after reboot. Anybody else having similar luck, or are we actually being plagued with bugs during install?

By the way, I would credit the success I've had to the job aid that Scott posted here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/280064-hopper-q-install-tips.html

I've done 5 installs and have only run into one problem when doing an EA install. We've noticed a while ago that our latest shipment of EA LNBs even with VIP receivers they would never show "locked" on the point dish screen when connected to port 1 on the LNB. This same phenomenon kept 2 Hoppers from even making it to the install wizard when I had the Solo Node connected to ports 1 and 2. Changed it to ports 2 and 3 and it worked fine.

My FSMs tell me that a lot of other techs have had troubles linking the Joeys, but I have had zero trouble so far. My only guess is that they're trying to power them up too soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)