Do Annual Subscription To Delay Price Increase?

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Since America's Everything Pack is going up by $5 a month, I'm thinking that doing an annual subscription before 2/1/2008 might be a good idea. If I understand correctly, you get a 1 month discount by doing this, right?

So the price would be:

$89.99 x 11 months = $989.89 plus tax

If we stayed month-to-month, the price would be:

$94.98 x 12 months = $1139.76 plus tax

So our savings over a year is $149.87. Definitely worth it if I have calculated correctly.

We also have the $20 HD pack and the Superstations. Would either or both of those get a month discount by going annual with them?

Yes on avoiding the increase---until you renew. Not sure it can be done with HD pack or superstaions.

I was under the impression that there wasn't a annual subscription discount if you subscribed to America's Everything Pack. Please post if this is not correct.

there is no annual subscription to the aep pack you pay anually for the 250 and anually for each of the movie premium packs superstations locals and hd can not be paid for anually so you would still have a monthly bill for those
250 $583
hbo $165
sho starz and max $ 143 each

i briefly considered the AEp a few months ago and was told yes. But after rocatman's post I checked again and was told it is not even offered on that basis. I stand corrected.

Same here but there seem to be several people saying this so I was wondering if the newer longer commitments had this feature---or whether they were misled by CSRs as i was.

Okay fine Dish, don't give me a month discount, just let me subscribe to AEP annually. At least I'd get to save $60 over the first year (because of your insane $5 a month increase).

By the way, does Dish still waive DVR fees if you subscribe annually?

You need to subscribe to annual AT250 and the Mega Movie pack. This is all of AEP except for NBA TV. You also get your DVRs free like AEP. Superstations and locals cannot be done annually, but they can calculate your bill and you can prepay them and they just debit your Dish account every month for them.

So, AT250 is $583 annually, and I presume the Mega Movie package would be $440. That comes to $1023 which would still save me about $117.

Now, what about the price increase? By paying the $1023 in January, would I get a full year at that price, or a little less since AT250 is going up by $2 a month? In other words, if I sign up on the annual plan on 1/15/08, will my next bill for AT250 and movies be due on 1/15/09?

Yes you would lock in the price of the annual package this year, and you would not owe more. If you did it 1/15 you would come up for renewal 1/15/09, and that is when you would be billed. If you have locals, superstations, etc you will have to pay monthly on those alone.

I did not do it last year since it does not include NBA TV. But, in prior years it saved a few bucks over the AEP, and really saved since you locked in the price for a full year.

I would have them figure out the amount w/tax of the superstations/locals and I would prepay them too. They would just be a credit on my dishnetwork account and it would be debited the $12 or so a month.

Just be sure you get the Mega Movie Package and not each service billed individually. The MMP is much cheaper. I had the issue that when it rebilled it would break them apart and bill me a lot more. I had to always call and have them bundle them back to the MMP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)