Do any of you ever catch any feeds east of 87 or west of 125?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SkySurfer80

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
Ok I am scanning 87 to 125 and was curious if any of you ever catch anything west of 125 or east of 87?

This is for ku band only.

I see that the 127 bird is supposed to have feeds on it but I only scan in failed tps.

One other question. I notice most tps scan in on varioud sats but show up as failed on the blind scan. What are these? Internet feeds or data? Is there any way to scan these in?

Just curious. Back in the day on 72,74, 83,and 85 there were feeds galore and i do remember back years ago feeds on 127.

Reactions: spongella
I dont think there are any more feeds east of 87 and west of 125 are all C band.
I miss 72 74 79 and 83 like you said.
Back in the days we had news feeds all the time.

I dont think there are any more feeds east of 87 and west of 125 are all C band.
I miss 72 74 79 and 83 like you said.
Back in the days we had news feeds all the time.

Yes. I think 74 was SBS and the old 72 sat was AMC 6. Now that I think of it seems like I caught feeds on a 79 bird too. 83 had alot of new york feeds I believe.

Reactions: N5XZS
I remembered to used to get Argentina's news feeds on 74W* used to be called H-4 bird.

The news feeds was mostly in 50Hz world in 576! Video MPEG-2 with plain old QPSK formats back then in early 2000's before the 2010 came around. If I remembered correctly at that time.:)

And yes, there are rare feeds beyond 125W* at least to 129W* and beyond 87W* right now in 2019 subject to change over river of time.:)

SkySurfer80, if you're located in Middle or Western Tennessee, you could try to see if you can get Intelsat 14 at 45 °W. There are occasional South American news and sports feeds on Ku at that location, and Middle and Western Tennessee happens to get decent coverage from the footprint of that satellite.

One other question. I notice most tps scan in on varioud sats but show up as failed on the blind scan. What are these? Internet feeds or data? Is there any way to scan these in?

Most will be data feeds of some sort, but some may be video signals that are too weak for your receiver to decode.

I remembered to used to get Argentina's news feeds on 74W* used to be called H-4 bird.

The news feeds was mostly in 50Hz world in 576! Video MPEG-2 with plain old QPSK formats back then in early 2000's before the 2010 came around. If I remembered correctly at that time.:)

And yes, there are rare feeds beyond 125W* at least to 129W* and beyond 87W* right now in 2019 subject to change over river of time.:)

Yes H2 was at 74 I loved that bird. So you have seen feeds recently on 127 and 129? I hope to catch some of them.

Reactions: spongella and N5XZS
SkySurfer80, if you're located in Middle or Western Tennessee, you could try to see if you can get Intelsat 14 at 45 °W. There are occasional South American news and sports feeds on Ku at that location, and Middle and Western Tennessee happens to get decent coverage from the footprint of that satellite.

Most will be data feeds of some sort, but some may be video signals that are too weak for your receiver to decode.

Yes I figure if I am able to hit 125 well I should be able to hit down east to 45 since my due south is 85 degrees the 45 bird is the same distance as 125.

Failed means that the scan did not find services with the parameters you set, probably "FTA only" Most of the "failed" TPs would be encrypted services.

Hispasat 30W Ku has some, but infrequently.

72W was good for feeds back in the day and was my Southernmost satellite, great for setting up a dish. No more though.

Lots of great comments.

72W was good for feeds back in the day and was my Southernmost satellite, great for setting up a dish. No more though.

Lots of great comments.

Yeah it sucks for me because 87 is my southern satellite so i could probably go from 45 to 127 but there is nothing on my entire eastern arc. Lol. Maybe I will do some east moving and real blind Scanning! Lol. Blind scanning having no idea what bird I am on until i find something and look it up on lyngsat to identify the satellite.

Lots of great comments.

Well I am out at the dish tonight doing some experimenting and I am hitting 30 West and even saved it into my motor! I am hitting some tps as high as 69-70 pct quality! My dish looks like it is literally aimed at my neighbors house and is the lnb and arm are only about 5 ft off the ground! Lol. I am going to try to go a bit farther! I am at about 61 degrees on my motor! Dont know how much farther she will go before she gets stuck! Lol. Might go a hair farther then store my East limits. . I scanned in about 80 channels! A few feed test patterns too but other than that looks like 97 west and funny thing is my quality on the channels are not too far behind what I get them on the 97* bird even though these are way out there. I guess to be hitting this bird so well with a 36 on a motor and to be 55 degrees east of due south I have to be dead nuts locked in because I did zero adjustments.

Let us know any specific signals you find 20W and east. I have seen in past years and I want to check my motor operation to the east. 15W used to be a standard, but I'm not sure there is anything that can be seen in North America now, at least on a regular basis.

there are infrequent CNN feeds on 22W in upper Ku, usually when there's something big happening in Europe (such as a Royal baby, fire at Notre -Dame, etc). They are in standard Ku.

There's also permanent content on 15W, mostly encrypted, that's a Direct-to-home service for Latin America. That one has TPs in both lower-band and upper-band Ku. The FTA channels on 15W are EWTN, iFilm, Press Tv, Hispan TV and Bethel TV. And if you use a universal LNBF you can get a few FTA channels in French on 34.4W

I once got some video on 14W, it was a feed of RT Español during the G20 in Latin American last year.

As of last year there was still one TP on Eutelsat 12W that could be received. It was about some training for Brazilian lawyers. Yawn.

I think the next eastbound stop for Ku video would be 3W, but that's really low, probably below horizon in TN

Reactions: N5XZS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)