Do I actually Need a 2nd TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
My neighbor is having a 4K new install this morning but they only have one TV. Can they have the c61K connected to their TV and the HR54 installed in a bedroom but not actually connected to a TV?

Will need to have a TV present to activate and configure the 54. What happens after the tech leaves is their problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I disconnected my second TV I had no problems with service to the main TV. I am watching the Rose Bowl Parade on 4K channel 106. I really can't see much if any PQ difference in channel 106 compared to the NBC broadcast.

When I disconnected my second TV I had no problems with service to the main TV. I am watching the Rose Bowl Parade on 4K channel 106. I really can't see much if any PQ difference in channel 106 compared to the NBC broadcast.

There you go. I have a 4K TV but I am not fussing with that 4K mess. I have watched 4K from Amazon. Sure, it looks great. But the difference isn't much. I will say that a friend who can't tell the difference between SD and HD saw my new TV and finally asked if I got a new one. "Yes, it's 4K." "What is that? I only noticed because it's bigger."

Another friend who would notice such things noticed right away that the picture is great. He agreed that it's not major, but we noticed the detail in the dark sections of things that I don't think HD does well with. The differences are there but the Directv delivery method of 4K makes it a no-go for me. Upscaling to 4K is more than good enough, and no second receiver fee.

I have a non-DirecTV RVU 4K TV and it's hooked up with both the HR54 and the C61K no problem. I actually happen to favor the universal remote and since it's RF only and for the fact I use the client the most, I put electrical tape over the IR sensor of the main box and use the RC71 for that one. And I use mostly the universal remote for the client plus sometimes an additional RF remote. (One of my RC71's is labeled for me to tell the difference.)

I have a non-DirecTV RVU 4K TV and it's hooked up with both the HR54 and the C61K no problem. I actually happen to favor the universal remote and since it's RF only and for the fact I use the client the most, I put electrical tape over the IR sensor of the main box and use the RC71 for that one. And I use mostly the universal remote for the client plus sometimes an additional RF remote. (One of my RC71's is labeled for me to tell the difference.)

Like you feel people should just get a Tivo instead of a AM21, others don't want 2 receivers on 1 TV. Basically there's a $7 4K fee for part time programming on flukey equipment. I say the upscaled regular HD is beautiful on a 4K TV. Even more beautiful that I can watch it on my real receiver that actually works instead of using a stupid client on my TV, because the Genie it is connected to doesn't do 4K.

I wonder if it would even be worth it upgrading to 4k until more 4k DTV channels are added? I don't watch sports and the 4k movies are too expensive to rent and are older titles right? Is their anything on the 4k Documentary Channel worth watching anyway? The only thing I would be interested in the next box is if its a hybrid box that will let you use IPTV for bad weather backup and if you could only get the new guide on it. I wouldn't mind the Server/Client if it had those features. However having a Server with those features and outputs to 4k over HDMI would be cool also.

My neighbor is having a 4K new install this morning but they only have one TV. Can they have the c61K connected to their TV and the HR54 installed in a bedroom but not actually connected to a TV?
Can they afford a regular 1080p TV? What about putting the HR-54 on that in a bedroom and have the C61k on the 4k TV since the HR-54 doesn't output to 4k the C61k does.

Like you feel people should just get a Tivo instead of a AM21, others don't want 2 receivers on 1 TV. Basically there's a $7 4K fee for part time programming on flukey equipment. I say the upscaled regular HD is beautiful on a 4K TV. Even more beautiful that I can watch it on my real receiver that actually works instead of using a stupid client on my TV, because the Genie it is connected to doesn't do 4K.
Just a suggestion. I didn't say he necessarily had to take it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)