Do I Have Enough Horse Power?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hey gang I just have a quick question of which I hope I did not shoot myself in the foot. When I had DirecTV istalled back in Oct one of the things I was looking forward to checking out was some of the OnDemand goodies that D* had to offer... The installer did an awesome job of getting everything insalled the way I wanted it. I ask about the OnDemand part of the install and he in return ask me what my connect speed was... I am running DSL 3meg down and 512 up. He said that the speed was to slow that I would have issues downloading a lot of the content. he said that I needed atleast 10meg down for it to work. Did I shoot myself in the foot by not having it installed or would 3meg be plenty of speed? Thanks for the help... CC

I would do I minimum of 6Mbps but you should be able to get by as long as you aren't dogging your bandwidth all over the place.

I have 3Mbps down DSL and have not had a problem. Does it take longer? Yes. But I don't demand to watch it right away. :)

I am also using Netflix and have not seen any problems with that service.

I use to have 3 mg service , it worked, but took time and usually could not watch right away ( thus it was NOT ON Demand)
I recently moved up to 8, then 10 MG service, BOTH these worked flawlessly.

Thanks gang for the input... From the sounds of it I should have went ahead and just had them install everything that needed to be installed and then I would have been good to go... I can stream netflix movies with no issues so I will call D* and see what they tell me... Once again thanks for the help... CC

Thanks gang for the input... From the sounds of it I should have went ahead and just had them install everything that needed to be installed and then I would have been good to go... I can stream netflix movies with no issues so I will call D* and see what they tell me... Once again thanks for the help... CC
:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)