Do I have the right lnb?

billsatelliteb

Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
I am putting together a portable dish setup to use when I travel and am using parts from our home system, from a previous installation. before we went back to cable and now back to dish(long story:-()

Anyway, I have a Dish 500 dish with two LNB (P/N 214-5100-402) hooked to our dp 301 receiver.

I have hooked up to ONE of the two lnbs aimed, az, el and skew according to the on screen instructions. Used a "satellite finder." I get 119 very clearly but can not seem to lock onto 110. I am wondering if I should have some kind of switch between the lnb and the receiver or what. I followed the advice of one online source and ran the switch check, after I had acquired a satellite signal (119). I think I must be leaving out something to not be able to lock on to 110.

Any suggestions, thanks, bill b.

What you have are legacy LNBS, so it would work, but you need a SW-21 Switch, to get both Sats.

What you have are legacy LNBS, so it would work, but you need a SW-21 Switch, to get both Sats.

Great. Thanks for the information. I presume that I would run one cable from each LNB to the switch? that would give me both sats.

thanks, again, bill b.

The LNBs are probably legacy. They should be marked "Digital LNBF" and not have a large dp logo. Then hook up the SW21 as you described and run a Check Switch.

Check switch ordered

The LNBs are probably legacy. They should be marked "Digital LNBF" and not have a large dp logo. Then hook up the SW21 as you described and run a Check Switch.

Thanks, the lnbf s do say "digital" and no dp logo. So I have ordered an SW21 and will hook 'em up and run check switch and should be good to go.
thanks, bill b.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)