Do I need a SWM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Teek

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2018
Varies
After years of bringing my receivers (H21-200) to my camper and setting up my dish myself, this time I am getting a Directv code of 775 (receiver not communicating with dish) my satellite meter squeals, I have checked all coaxials for continuity repeatedly, Directv tells me that I NEED a SWM!! Is this something new?? My home doesn’t have 1 (she repeatedly told me that it does, but I know the set up and it doesn’t!!! Since the meter squeals, I assume the LNB is good!! I do not have any DVRs and my other box that I haven’t messed with because it’s new H24-100. Again this something new??? What do I do next??

:welcome to Satelliteguys Teek!
Do you know what type of lnb you have on the dish? Generally a 775 code means your receiver/dvr isn't communicating with the dish, most often due to a loose connection, bad connector, unplugged power inserter, or bad lnb. Press the - key on the remote, it will tell you if you have a swm setup.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Teek!
Do you know what type of lnb you have on the dish? Generally a 775 code means your receiver/dvr isn't communicating with the dish, most often due to a loose connection, bad connector, unplugged power inserter, or bad lnb. Press the - key on the remote, it will tell you if you have a swm setup.

If the meter is squealing doesn’t that mean that the LNB is ok??? I have the meter set up between small coaxial that come off the LNB and the longer coaxial that goes inside!!
The LNB is a triple feed, multi-Satellite LNB / built- in multi- switch with 4 outputs

If the meter is squealing doesn’t that mean that the LNB is ok??? I have the meter set up between small coaxial that come off the LNB and the longer coaxial that goes inside!!
The LNB is a triple feed, multi-Satellite LNB / built- in multi- switch with 4 outputs
If it has four outputs it's not a swm, like you already said. I just wanted to be certain. How about your signal strengths? Can you check them through the menu? Also, try rebooting the H21.

Is the dish pointed as of yet ?
The meter will squeal whenever it hits a Sat, doesn't have to be the right Sat.

Zeros on signals, I’ve unplugged it multiple times and also reset multiple times!!!
If the meter is squealing is the LNB OK???

Looks like Azmuith 224, someone 4 campers down has Direct n it LOOKS the same!! 2 campers the other way has Dish and that’s ALOT different!!

Looks like Azmuith 224, someone 4 campers down has Direct n it LOOKS the same!! 2 campers the other way has Dish and that’s ALOT different!!
Keep in mind your pointing the dish 23,000 miles away at an object that is the size of a bus.

Jimbo, how do I find where 101 is?? I’ve followed info on screen, azmuith 224, 43 & 63 whatever!,

You are using the right numbers, you are likely close, just not quite there. Is the mast plumb?

Also, you have to move the dish in small increments and give the receiver time to register any changes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts