Do I need an installer if I buy an HR24?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
I want to order an HR24 but would I need an installer if I hooked it up in a room that only has a H20?

I want to order an HR24 but would I need an installer if I hooked it up in a room that only has a H20?

By "Ordering", do you mean from a place like Solid Signal, or thru D* ?

You want to put it in a room that HAD a H20 in it ?
IF you are using a SWiM set up, you don't need anything else. (second coax line).
If your not using a SWiM you'll need 2 lines to the room to get full function of the HR24.

Do you NEED an installer, not if you can do the work yourself.

Oh come on, how would he know to ask about it if he didnt know about it?

This is the illness of people who know all about something, to feel that those who dont should simply know better or ask any and all questions that might relate to the matter.

Just a few days ago I talked about how I was offered a pair of new HR24's for free and the agent didnt say a dang thing about a contract extension until I asked him about it.

If you walk up to a street vendor and buy a taco, do you ask them if this purchase obliges you to buy a taco every day for two years? Of course not. Its atypical and unreasonable.

Oh come on, how would he know to ask about it if he didnt know about it?

This is the illness of people who know all about something, to feel that those who dont should simply know better or ask any and all questions that might relate to the matter.

Just a few days ago I talked about how I was offered a pair of new HR24's for free and the agent didnt say a dang thing about a contract extension until I asked him about it.

If you walk up to a street vendor and buy a taco, do you ask them if this purchase obliges you to buy a taco every day for two years? Of course not. Its atypical and unreasonable.

Kinda because there are about a 1000 threads talking about commitments here.
You would think if someone is coming here to find info about activating a recvr he would come across the commitment rather fast.

But thats OK , if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend you never heard of it, go right ahead. :rolleyes:

And of course, everyone comes to satelliteguys and reads up to see what the commitment details are before buying a receiver.

Who has their head in the sand?

And of course, everyone comes to satelliteguys and reads up to see what the commitment details are before buying a receiver.

ostrich-743207.jpg

I would think if your coming here for info about potentially getting a recvr,you would read thru more than a few threads.

I know there is a commitment, that doesn't bother me. I have a SWM setup, so I think I should be fine on my own

I would think if your coming here for info about potentially getting a recvr,you would read thru more than a few threads.

You missed my point. Most people dont join internet discussion groups at all before buying a satellite tv system. If they did, we'd have 35,000,000 members. ;)

In fact, I'd imagine that a very small percentage of people considering satellite even read any discussion groups. As far as whether reading a bunch of threads will do the job, our directv friends have had to develop a chart to explain it, so its apparently not really that easy to grasp.

So as onerous as it might seem to a veteran like you that knows all about it, its probably a good idea to mention it whenever its applicable.

You missed my point. Most people dont join internet discussion groups at all before buying a satellite tv system. If they did, we'd have 35,000,000 members. ;)

In fact, I'd imagine that a very small percentage of people considering satellite even read any discussion groups. As far as whether reading a bunch of threads will do the job, our directv friends have had to develop a chart to explain it, so its apparently not really that easy to grasp.

So as onerous as it might seem to a veteran like you that knows all about it, its probably a good idea to mention it whenever its applicable.

You failed to realize that THIS OP DID come to the forum to find info about Sat service.

While I realize that MOST, probably 98 % DON'T come to these sites, the ones that DO generally find the info they are looking for ....
THIS poster DID come here and found the info they needed.

Shall I pull up ALL the threads that I mentioned the commitment in, or ALL the threads with the word Commitment in it in a D* thread ?

Better yet, go ahead and do that one yourself, I'm sure you'll be looking thru them for DAYS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)