Former DirecTV/Current Uverse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jstexas

Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
I had DirecTV for two years before switching to Uverse. My experience with DirecTV was full of amazingly slow menus and channel changes, frequent audio drops, and occasional weather disturbances. I can tell that I took a slight step downward in picture quality, but I also do not have any of the issues mentioned.

What's my point? DirecTV is running some crazy deals right now and I would be interested in switching back IF those issues are gone.

So, my question is, are the menus still slow? Is it still 3-4 seconds between channel changes? What about audio drops?

I believe I had an H21 receiver before - anything newer and better out now that improves or corrects those issues? Was I the only person that had those issues with DirecTV?

I think with their newer hardware like the HR24 so forth from what I can tell and have read I think they have addressed allot of those issues. Other's feel free to chime in.. :)

Yep. Once you have said HR24 you have said it all!!!
Very fast and steady. I never tried the 922 from Dish but had the 622,722 and 722K. As good as any of those IMO.
Look on the bright side with Uverse. You have a softer picture and clunky box.......and my point is? Oh well, I'm sure you enjoy Uverse as much as I do Direct.:D

Yeah UVerse FIOS is just like cable TV is just provided from a Telco instead of a Cable company. Sat TV to me as always been a better choice but thats just my 2 cents. :)

What's my point? DirecTV is running some crazy deals right now and I would be interested in switching back IF those issues are gone.

So, my question is, are the menus still slow? Is it still 3-4 seconds between channel changes? What about audio drops?
As a new customer coming over from Dish and Cable for a decade before that, I can tell that I simply could not be happier with my decision and installation.

I have the HR24 DVRs (2) along with 3 HD receivers and its really amazing. The picture is fantastic, I have full networking among the boxes, shared recordings and I even had zero issues with adding 2TB of additional storage.

The HR24 is a perfect compliment to my new theatre room and I experience none of the delays or latency you are speaking of. I guess if I have to gripe I will say I would have preferred RF remotes over the IR ones I have but I will be using a Harmony One in my Theatre so its a very small issue.

Come back... you wont regret it, just make sure you get the new HR24 technology!

I have an HR20 and an HR23. The HR23 is slower than the HR20, but I don't see channel changes as being as slow as you described. Maybe 2 seconds tops. There are no audio dropouts as before. The weather outages can be ameliorated by a good dish alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts