Former DirecTV/Current Uverse

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jstexas

Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
I had DirecTV for two years before switching to Uverse. My experience with DirecTV was full of amazingly slow menus and channel changes, frequent audio drops, and occasional weather disturbances. I can tell that I took a slight step downward in picture quality, but I also do not have any of the issues mentioned.

What's my point? DirecTV is running some crazy deals right now and I would be interested in switching back IF those issues are gone.

So, my question is, are the menus still slow? Is it still 3-4 seconds between channel changes? What about audio drops?

I believe I had an H21 receiver before - anything newer and better out now that improves or corrects those issues? Was I the only person that had those issues with DirecTV?

I think with their newer hardware like the HR24 so forth from what I can tell and have read I think they have addressed allot of those issues. Other's feel free to chime in.. :)

Yep. Once you have said HR24 you have said it all!!!
Very fast and steady. I never tried the 922 from Dish but had the 622,722 and 722K. As good as any of those IMO.
Look on the bright side with Uverse. You have a softer picture and clunky box.......and my point is? Oh well, I'm sure you enjoy Uverse as much as I do Direct.:D

Yeah UVerse FIOS is just like cable TV is just provided from a Telco instead of a Cable company. Sat TV to me as always been a better choice but thats just my 2 cents. :)

What's my point? DirecTV is running some crazy deals right now and I would be interested in switching back IF those issues are gone.

So, my question is, are the menus still slow? Is it still 3-4 seconds between channel changes? What about audio drops?
As a new customer coming over from Dish and Cable for a decade before that, I can tell that I simply could not be happier with my decision and installation.

I have the HR24 DVRs (2) along with 3 HD receivers and its really amazing. The picture is fantastic, I have full networking among the boxes, shared recordings and I even had zero issues with adding 2TB of additional storage.

The HR24 is a perfect compliment to my new theatre room and I experience none of the delays or latency you are speaking of. I guess if I have to gripe I will say I would have preferred RF remotes over the IR ones I have but I will be using a Harmony One in my Theatre so its a very small issue.

Come back... you wont regret it, just make sure you get the new HR24 technology!

I have an HR20 and an HR23. The HR23 is slower than the HR20, but I don't see channel changes as being as slow as you described. Maybe 2 seconds tops. There are no audio dropouts as before. The weather outages can be ameliorated by a good dish alignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts